• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Chill flicks?

KiFe

TRIBE Member
so when i have guests over, i would much preffer to put on something on tv that's a little more visual... and not soo intrusive to social interaction *cough*simpsons*cough*

and i know there's alot of film-cult peeps on here... so i hoped we could make a list of coo visuals movies.

I dig:
Microcosmos -very cool for the not so squeamish... you'll never look at your carpet the same way.

Baraka - old favorite.

and final fantasy with the sound off is pretty sweet too.

Can anyone suggest MORE along these lines? Pretty pictures make me feel good :D

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by junglegirl
skate, surf, snowboarding vids?

thats what I usually put on :D

oh that's a good idea...

altho names are a bit easyer to shop for.... What are your favorite snowboarding vids? (something to watch, as the season ends with bitter bitter rain)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kat

video fireplace - straight for the hearth vol. 1

;p

haha.. girl.. you don't know how long i've been looking for this...

dvd would be prefferable... all i've ever seen is VHS.

imagine people from outside my building... i'm sure the fire dept. would be called by mistake.

haha.. FAAAAK..!!! YOU HOSED OUT MY TV!!!! I KEEL YOU!

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
What about that goldfish channel?

Or maybe you can watch Canadian parliment on CPAC.

2001 is about the most chilled movie I can think off. Turn off the sound and play some ambient trance.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr Funk MD
2001 is about the most chilled movie I can think off. Turn off the sound and play some ambient trance.

OhooOooh... another grood idea!

keep it up tribble.. i'm making a list :D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kat
ahaha its fucking 20$ on amazon

ooh.. don't take it away.. the aquarium one was GOLD also..

all the glory of an aquarium, with less the mess! Just set it and forget it! :D

Galactic Phantom

TRIBE Member
-If you have a sony TV & a Memory stick you can have a slide show...
-Underworld
-FatBoy Slim Live @ Brighton Beach 2
-Run Lola Run
-The Cell
-Moby

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Galactic Phantom
-FatBoy Slim Live @ Brighton Beach 2

I have the album... but didnt know there was a VIDEO... faarking sweet...

i should look into that... lemme guess; +$80 @ HMV?

bittorrent here i come.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
I have a sony - what is this memory stick?

for skate vids - you could put in Whiskey or CY2K - always a hit/conversation starter :) for more mellow - Thicker than water is good - Surf Video featuring Jack Johnson music

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Galactic Phantom

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KiFe
I have the album... but didnt know there was a VIDEO... faarking sweet...

i should look into that... lemme guess; +$80 @ HMV?

bittorrent here i come.
Actually I got it for like $25 @ HMV.

kmac

TRIBE Member
Has anyone watched Gambling, Gods and LSD? I saw a preview and it looks like something that would be interesting even without the sound.

A filmmaker’s inquiry into transcendence becomes a three-hour trip across countries, connecting people over culture and time. From Toronto, the place of his childhood, Peter Mettler sets out on a journey that includes evangelism at the airport strip, demolition in Las Vegas, chemistry and street life in the model society of Switzerland, and the coexistence of technology and divinity in contemporary India. Mettler blends documentary observation with lyrical camera work, location sound with aural sculpture. The result is an audio-visual composition whose movements challenge our preconceptions, evoking in us the wonder and awe of our daily lives. A lucid and personal portrait of our times, Gambling, Gods and LSD may change the way you look at the world.

JMan

TRIBE Member
so when i have guests over, i would much preffer to put on something on tv that's a little more visual... and not soo intrusive to social interaction *cough*simpsons*cough*

and i know there's alot of film-cult peeps on here... so i hoped we could make a list of coo visuals movies.

I dig:
Microcosmos -very cool for the not so squeamish... you'll never look at your carpet the same way.

Baraka - old favorite.

and final fantasy with the sound off is pretty sweet too.

Can anyone suggest MORE along these lines? Pretty pictures make me feel good :D
Baraka is one of my all time favs, but it can be a tad depressing for the wrong crowd.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kmac
Has anyone watched Gambling, Gods and LSD? I saw a preview and it looks like something that would be interesting even without the sound.

A filmmaker’s inquiry into transcendence becomes a three-hour trip across countries, connecting people over culture and time. From Toronto, the place of his childhood, Peter Mettler sets out on a journey that includes evangelism at the airport strip, demolition in Las Vegas, chemistry and street life in the model society of Switzerland, and the coexistence of technology and divinity in contemporary India. Mettler blends documentary observation with lyrical camera work, location sound with aural sculpture. The result is an audio-visual composition whose movements challenge our preconceptions, evoking in us the wonder and awe of our daily lives. A lucid and personal portrait of our times, Gambling, Gods and LSD may change the way you look at the world.

sounds like an amazing flick!

is it still waiting to come out? or available in stores? where did you hear about it?

From that description, it sounds pretty compelling.

kmac

TRIBE Member

is it still waiting to come out? or available in stores? where did you hear about it?
I was goofing around with Video On Demand on digital cable and it was there and the title drew me in. I watched the 6-mintue preview and I was intrigued, but didn't have the time to watch it. One of these days.

So, yeah, if it's on VOD it must be on video/DVD by now.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kmac
I was goofing around with Video On Demand on digital cable and it was there and the title drew me in. I watched the 6-mintue preview and I was intrigued, but didn't have the time to watch it. One of these days.

So, yeah, if it's on VOD it must be on video/DVD by now.

groovy.

i wish i had a PVR, i could just order it off VOD and record.

btw.. VOD licks ass..it's so slow and the controls are so sluggish .... boourns on VOD..

(altho it's nice to have a videostore to shop in, from the comfort of your own home.)

JMan

TRIBE Member
groovy.

i wish i had a PVR, i could just order it off VOD and record.

btw.. VOD licks ass..it's so slow and the controls are so sluggish .... boourns on VOD..

(altho it's nice to have a videostore to shop in, from the comfort of your own home.)
Ya, they need more titles also. I love the concept, but it needs to mature.