1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Cherry Beach

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by KillaLadY, Aug 25, 2003.

1. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

It was nice... nice vibe, nice tunes. It was a good treat before I depart to Romania which is in 1 hour.
    I would say that Tim's say was probably my favourite, too bad it had to end at 11:00pm.

Thanks to everybody that showed up and came to wish me a safe trip, I will see you all in 3 weeks. Alex, I am still mad at you! ;)

Miss you! :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2003
  2. noodle

noodle TRIBE Member

I must say my first "beach party" exceeded all my expectations. I had a beautiful time. Thankfully the rain pretty much held off and it turned out to be an amazing evening.

I really loved how there was two parties going on at the same time...My friends and I set up at camp with the wabi crew (which was dubbed the hippie side) and when I felt like getting my grove on...I snuck on down to the b-line area...where I was treated to great sets by Red Turtle, Robb G....I believe Jelo and some totally funky chiquita. Tech House and breaks...mmmmm my favourites.

I always find funny how shocked some wabi people are when I tell them I don't like techno (eventhough it definetly wasn't all techno...some very nice trippy beats coming from the wabi side). The projection was a very nice touch.

I WANT A DOG...there were so many cute ones running aroung...especially Bumbaclat's beautiful baby CHARLIE (thanks for letting me aid in his hyperactivness)!!!! I got a lot of love from that dog...even though it was only for a brief time. HE'S JUST TOO FREAKIN' CUTE. Seriously man, you must post pictures of him AND your cute orange cat.

Special thanks to Wes the Wabi BBQ fairy. We were fed really well and it was much appreciated (who would have thought using a bagel for hamburger bun would taste so good?). And don't EVEN get me started on the corn.....

I could go on and on about the amazing time I had...THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THE ORGANIZERS FOR BOTH PARTIES!

3. vinder

vinder TRIBE Member

werd, wicked time at the beach! everyone was rocking that system proper! and the wabi guys area next door was a nice treat for when you needed a little downtime from the madness that was going on at the b-line area. set of the night for me (even though i couldn't stay that long) went to the brothers brothers, who brought the fucking FUNK! whether it was wayne laying down the buzzing hard beats or superstar steve (no littering next time!!) bringing that warm groove, the boys always rock the fat jam! and with a lineup that includes the best of toronto's dj's, i know it must've gotten better as the evening progressed.

cheers to the b-line boys for a truly stellar sunday afternoon!

4. 2 The Beat

2 The Beat TRIBE Member

A far cry from the fancy styles of the night before...

I had an absolutely stellar time. A shaked my ass a good chunk. To prove it was a good party, I do not think I was talking at all during Tim Patricks set...I was too busy dancing. It has been far too long since I last heard him play and damned if he does not just get better every single time I see him.

The Dutch Dreams finale topped off a fantastic day. Gorgeous.

Cheers for the memories gentleman!

5. MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly TRIBE Promoter

Yoooooooooo,
    Nice b2b set from redturle and kick.
    I caught that set.

and to the 2 house dJ's playing before??
    whooohooo.. nice house nation remix.
    thats like highschool for me.

nice to stumble upon a nice beach party.

6. juice

juice TRIBE Member

Great time at the beach on Sunday. I was so tired from the whole weekend it was nice to sit back on my super comfy chair (go footrest!) and just chill while hearing some great toons. I didn't even get up to hug people or whatever, such a sloth hah.

Both parties were great as they had a little bit of something for everyone. Sarah ran into some really old friends from back in the freakshow days so that was cool. Our beer ran out and everyone with fries was making me hungry for some real food so we had to depart earlier than I wanted to, but it was great while it lasted. Good job b-line and wabi.

7. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Good times were had indeed - I expected more people to be there but we left relatively early. Good to talk to those that I did!

8. G-FrEsH

G-FrEsH TRIBE Promoter

This was my first beach party and what a party it was. Didn't get to hear Wes play but heard all the other djs..Everyone that played rocked it. Uncle Bobby was laying down the funky breaks, Stretch and Hooker were playing alot of classics that i forgot about lol, thanks for reminding me. I liked playing there, the system was loud holy shit ian.!!!! My only complaint was that sumthing fell on my salt shaker record and made the needle skip, that was dissapointing for me. Then the sun was setting and it was time for night to get alot funner when Kick and redturtle started playing.. good set. But best sets of the night are were Robb G and Jelo B2b and Tim Patrick.
    A fun night was had looking forward to sqeek in sum more parties b4 the water starts to freeze...

Ended the night off with listening to Stretch and Hookers cd.
    I finally got the name to the last track. thanks...

Good Job Ian..

Davo...

9. Big League Chu

Big League Chu TRIBE Member

What's the beer situation like?????

Situation Critical

Finished our beers then spent the night trying to figure out where the next beer would come from. Fun times indeed:D

10. RTM

RTM TRIBE Member

It's weird, there was a party at Cherry Beach on saturday night too.

11. DJ Doublecross

DJ Doublecross TRIBE Member

Colin: "I can't even have fun because all I think about is where I'm going to get my next beer!"

12. Eclipze

Eclipze TRIBE Member

thankyou to all those who came out and ended summer proper. Special thanks to all the dj's who came down and threw DOWN awesome sets. If i wasn't so tired i probably would have been dancing like everyone else... but, lol.. that chair right behind the decks was perfect. Shit..it was so loud and clear back there i felt like i was infront of the speakers! and where did all those people come from at the end.. it got packed..mayehm i tell ya- Tim Patrick btw ..tore cherry beach a new one.. thats all i have to say

Big up to Kev (red turtle) for being my partner in crime for this jam

-ian

13. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

Colin's caught the terrorist syndrome. Geez! ChewIT vs. KickIT......

place your bets!

14. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

Good times yesterday. Though the 30 minutes I was without beer was almost unbearable and there were no beers there for me to steal.

Hey Naomi, you get all those little leaf buds outta your hair? hahahaha. Just another victim.

*c*

15. Eclipze

Eclipze TRIBE Member

ps-- i had a great time playing with g-fresh once again.. look forward to rocking niagra falls ;)

16. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

Showed up at 11:00pm and everyone was leaving. =/

17. Big League Chu

Big League Chu TRIBE Member

"Excuse me, would you be interested in donating your beer to the children of the kids foundation?"

"Hey guys whats Dj Doublecross' Tribe name again?"
    "DJ Doublecross"
    "ah yes"

18. Robb G

Robb G TRIBE Promoter

Ahahahah.....

Colin you rambled on the phone with a really bad british accent for AT LEAST 10 mins solid....."It's Mick of the Stones and should really support the children of the kids foundation by bringing your donation of 37 beers down to Cherry beach".

Got there as Stretch & Hooker (supposedly interchangable with "Slaps & Hammer" according to a certain local house dj) were leaving in their typical workout manner: 100 records per bag x 2 arms x 2 DJ's. Ian and G-Fresh rocked it out with a set of bangin' big party house tunes. Kicks and Turtle dropped the breaks nice and proper from fun and funky all the way to hard and electro. I had a blast going back to back with Josh as always (minus the from behind "bag tickle" I received mid mix!) . Lastly "DJ Mystery" aka Tim Patrick kept the floor packed and had everyone shaking their ass with a smile on their face.

Not the busiest due to the wonky weather but it didn't stop anyone from having fun. Good times, great party.

Robb

19. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

ALWAYS a good time on Cherry Beach.

Great to see people out and to dance outside.

20. discodancer_j

discodancer_j TRIBE Member

man that was so sweet

i caught a super view of a rainbow across the water...

great music, prolly best music weekend evar

dancing outdoors is the best

rock out, good solid choons

yeah to not having to go to element to see the brothers mealing!

janiICE:>

21. ~Loress~

~Loress~ TRIBE Member

I had a blast, although I was extremely tired from the night before so I didnt stay long. Beach parties are the best! Wrestling on the grass is even better :D

3 cheers for the B-Line crew!

~Lori

22. G-FrEsH

G-FrEsH TRIBE Promoter

I thought you were the mystery Dj..???
    Anyways that night was good..

DAvo..

23. Robb G

Robb G TRIBE Promoter

No I was the "guest" DJ.

A long long time ago a certain house DJ used to go by a different name ;)

Robb

24. D-Monic

D-Monic TRIBE Member

Uh Oh.... someone doesn't know their Toronto scene history... :p

25. G-FrEsH

G-FrEsH TRIBE Promoter

**Grabs history book **
    **blows dust off book **
    **sits down to learn more history **
    ** lol **
    ** sees a picture of Dan all decked out in fun fur and wistles **

:p