• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Cherry Beach June 18

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
L'ilMisSunshine said:
ps. I'm with Justin, can't wait to come home and enjoy Sundays like these :) (7 weeks!)

COME HOME SOON PIA ! i miss you .....

After a long, fun filled weekend, I cannot say there is anything better than a evening spent at Cherry Beach. I thought I'd got my fill of dancing, but the fresh air did me right and I was back on my feet. Speaking of my feet, I have never felt so dirty in my life ... what the hell is in the dirt at CB? GLue? There's dirt stuck to my feet that I can't get off with a fucking pumice stone.

OK enough about my feet, great music, great weather, great people. Thanks for the rides down (Rob) and back (Toby).

L

Mrs. Pink

TRIBE Member
good times this afternoon, totally impressed by Red Turtle, he was really good. Got to see some friends i haven't seen much lately.

Nice to see nick and toby as per usual!

AshG

Good, but brief, times.

Took mamma Gleeson down to check it out along with my cousin from vancity.
Had to leave early unfortunately, but enjoyed the sun and tunes!

patri©k

TRIBE Member
perfect evening last night! was totally diggin' the last set.

... did anyone see those two cute, little baby duckies? :) awwwww!

Bean

TRIBE Member
we popped by briefly and caught most of baaaaaby joel's set, who absolutely killed it! i totally got my ass shakin'. worth the drive to cherry beach, for certain, indeed.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
the minute i realized i'd be back in Toronto in time to hear Baby Joel spin at Cherry Beach, i was überpsyched. i ran home and started running around with my head cut off. weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

20 minutes later i was running down the path at Cherry Beach with my roommate, like a 5 year-old going to see Elmo live: "come ON! come ON! hurry UUUUUUP!"

Joely-Joel is the king of the freaking castle. I LOVE CHERRY BEACH!

i was dancing away and said hello to Dave -- i remember a moment in Detroit when he started speaking to me and i had no freakin clue who he was or how he knew me even if he seemed very ever-so familiar. i still think he has me mixed up with another Maria... anyway, i told him how excited i was to be at Cherry Beach, "I miss Cherry Beach!"
"Not anymore!" he answered.

Nope, not anymore indeed!!
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Next weekend, after Pride, ouf! we'll see.

the last set at Cherry beach threw me off a little. it was... good? in spots? tribal? in others? meh.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEMINI GIRL!!!!!! you is the best. i'm happy i got to be there for your b-day! Thanks to the Promise crew - looking forward to an amazing summer.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Fantastic time yesterday @ the beach...got there around 4:30ish, and some dude was playing eclectic downtempo, was really diggin' it. Slowly but surely more and more people started to arrive, and were startin' to groove once Red Turtle dropped the funk, always a pleasure to hear him play. And from what I found out afterwards, it was AMtrak (sp?) on after him, and she brought the HOUSE to the beach...she was droppin' some solid tunes. And of course, for anyone who was there, Baby Joel Smye was bringin' some serious funk, lots of layering, and even droppin' a Chris Isaak vocal, lol.

Stayed much later than I thought I would, but it was well worth it...tons of familiar faces, and even a game of bocce ball broke out...til next time.

p.s. awesome to see so many dogs out for this one...specifically one being walked by this hottie in a yellow shirt;)

deevah

TRIBE Member
patri©k said:
perfect evening last night! was totally diggin' the last set.

... did anyone see those two cute, little baby duckies? :) awwwww!

dood - what time did you guys get down there? I didn't get the msg until after i got home

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
starting a new thread for this. It is best to keep each week's reviews separate so they will be easier to understand later on.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
thanks AlexD! i was hoping you might split it up!
the weather held on by a shoestring. i was so nervous the rain was going to start to fall... kept thinking i saw lightening and wondering if it was just someone's flash... !! felt a *few* drops? maybe?

thanks mother nature! much obliged!!!! keep the rain away every weekend til the end of September!!

noodle

TRIBE Member
Everytime I go to cherry beach I can't imagine having more fun than I'd already had there. It just keeps getting better and better. Yesterday was perfect.

"is everything cool...alright....what happened....."

Skipper

TRIBE Member
^^ Is that a track that was played?

I heard that track in a set like a year ago and have been wondering what it is. who played it?

edit: to noodle

noodle

TRIBE Member
It was! I've always loved the original but the remix that was played was fucking ridiculous. I still can't get it out of my head.

The music yesterday was STELLAR. I was loving everything I was hearing.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I had such a perfect Birthday!

Joel, you made my day with that *awesome* set!! I think the whole place was loving that. You looked like you were having crazy fun playing too. Also, totally enjoyed Turtle's and Amtrak's set. Nice one guys!!

Nice to meet Nawberry, Kinger and Mike Ethan.:p

So happy it didn't rain. The weather was perfect. The only complaint was all the fluffy shit in the air.

Thanks for all the Bday wishes everyone...oh and thanks Josh for the cd..listened on my drive back to Newmarket...looove it!!

Maxine

kyfe

TRIBE Member
had a blast stayed till 11pm for the first time. As always good company and sunshine. and Doctors dirty feet:D

Crazlegs

TRIBE Member
After my craptacular day yesterday Cherry Beach was just what I needed. I went from feeling pissy to happy, happy in five minutes flat. And the music was freakin fantastic. Good times indeed!

deevah

TRIBE Member
joel played a rmx of Chris isaac - wicked game - is there a dub version of this? it was good until the vocals kicked in

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
The parties @ Cherry Beach is Toronto's best little secret.

The idea that it happens, and that it's so magical and fun and free. The music is awesome and the people make it priceless.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
The Watcher said:
The idea that it happens, and that it's so magical and fun and free. The music is awesome and the people make it priceless.
Reading this makes me think of pretty girls prancing about...lol.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
It's called frolicking, and I saw many girls doing just that.

With the tree pollen, it was like a magical land of fuzzyness.
THE TREES WERE FUCKING!

I swear I saw a few pixies and nymphs