• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Cherry Beach Bitches!

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
It's back! WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Here's the info.

Sunday June 8th, 3 to 11pmPromise Cherry Beach Sunday Afternoon Soundsystem Hi, David and Irving here. We are excited to start another happy summer of Cherry Beach events this Sunday June 8th. So far it looks like we're using the same spot - along the sandy beach on the east side of the park, near the windsurfing club. This area is very magical. This year we’ve decided to expand the amount of lighting in the trees after nightfall and we’re using bigger speakers, so we got a larger generator and a trailer to move everything to and from the site. The changes should make the events sound nicer, and more comfortable after dark. The trailer will lessen our teardown work after everyone’s gone home.

Last summer we passed a hat to cover expenses, and it worked very well. We met many people however, who didn’t know that we took contributions that way and would have liked an easier way of supporting their fun time. This year we’ve added a paypal button to our website so you can make these parties happen without having to chase down a hat. Any contribution is welcome and will directly affect the quality and ease of the afternoons. Think about a one time amount that’ll cover you for the summer, we suggest anywhere that’s comfortable from 20 to 100$. To do this go to ilovepromise.com - thanks! If you have suggestions for the afternoon or about participating in other ways, we’re always open to channeling your ideas and energy.

Contact us by replying to this email or call us - David 416 550 2702, Irving 416 902 1740. The weather forecast for the weekend looks uncertain. We’ll send an email on Saturday with the line up and update on the weather, and look forward to the sun making it’s way through the clouds. On the Sunday you can call Dave’s landline for a message about the plan for the day 416 461 4939. If there’s any rain around we’ll likely wait to start next week. See you at the beach.

cheers,

David and Irving

skyparty

TRIBE Member
i just got an email about this!

fuck. i can't go. next time! NEXT time :)

i love the email uddates... thanks :)

patri©k

TRIBE Member
if this tray of rice creeper treats doesn't finish me off before we close up, and if the weather holds up, I can see myself heading to this for a couple of hours

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
patri©k said:
if this tray of rice creeper treats doesn't finish me off before we close up, and if the weather holds up, I can see myself heading to this for a couple of hours

i agree, if there is no thunderstorms i wouldnt mind hitting this up.

are they setting up for sure, or isthere somwhere we can find out if its still happening?

[jai]

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JAR

TRIBE Member
reading and comprehension are a wonderful thing!

exrboy said:
On the Sunday you can call Dave’s landline for a message about the plan for the day 416 461 4939. If there’s any rain around we’ll likely wait to start next week. See you at the beach.

cheers,

David and Irving

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
JAR said:
reading and comprehension are a wonderful thing!

indeed if i read the beginning of the thread that would apply,

but like many people who respond to one of the last posts in many threads all over this board , and didnt bother with reading the beginning, in the hopes of a quick response....

alas, i should have also know i was setting myself up for some bored tribers beautiful wit to take me down a notch.

thank you JAR

=P

[jai]

JAR

TRIBE Member
glych t.anomaly said:
indeed if i read the beginning of the thread that would apply,

but like many people who respond to one of the last posts in many threads all over this board , and didnt bother with reading the beginning, in the hopes of a quick response....

alas, i should have also know i was setting myself up for some bored tribers beautiful wit to take me down a notch.

thank you JAR

=P

[jai]

anytime buddy! I was just trying to help you out by providing the answer you sought...while displaying my rather beautiful wit.:)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

outofcontrol

TRIBE Member
I don't see any thunderstorms.. boo to this.. I was quite looking forward to today.. and well, the weather is perfect to be kickin it on the beach right now.

grounded4life

TRIBE Member
wish I'd gotten the email sooner. Biked down to the beach with a friend, looked around - nothing... so we sat there for a while in the sun and biked around more til the weather started to get cooler and the clouds rolled in. Good bike ride though!

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
I was down there, and although the view was super fantastic no beach fun in the sun. Great walk though.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Yay! From Dave and Irving!

hi, David and Irving here. We’re really excited and happy to welcome you to the start of our 7th year of sunday afternoons down at the beach!

this sunday June 15th
promise cherry beach sunday afternoon soundsystem

Commuter trains commute, road rage rages, movies move, people shop in shops and someone's at home 'tidying up'. But all the while the grasses wave and wind blows and airplanes and birds pass overhead as we swing in hammocks and listen to rhythms flowing through the trees down at Cherry Beach.

Bring a frisbee, bring a kite, bring a handy sweater, bring a dog (only nice dogs), bring your lover and a hammock. And pass the time on this lazy sunny sunday afternoon with friends and friends of friends.

3 to 11pm - east end of the park

The line up this sunday:

low voltage .. ambient funk
lindsay .. sunshine reggae
masia one, meesha and ill gates .. hip hop, dub and delays
lucie .. house and electro groove
fabio palermo .. bouncy techno
tom kuo .. deep minimal techno

directions:
Take Lakeshore Blvd East just past Parliament. Turn south down Cherry Street all the way to the end. Then go east into the parking lot on your left. At the end of the parking lot walk along the bike path or the new path down along the beach… you'll hear music. If you end up at a point, you are going the wrong way.

Biking to Cherry Beach is easy along the trails beside the lake, and there’s a TTC bus that goes from Union Station right to the park.

things to think about:
Please don't bring more than you plan to take back out with you - leave no trace.
Bring something warm (it gets cool after dark by the lake) and something to sit on and also something to keep sun off your head.
Take care of the people around you.
Drink lots of water. Bring something to share.

contributions to cherry beach:
Last summer we passed a hat to cover expenses, and it worked very well. We met many people however, who didn’t know that we took contributions that way and would have liked an easier way of supporting their fun time. This year we’ve added a paypal button to our website so you can make these parties happen without having to chase down a hat. Any contribution is welcome and will directly affect the quality and ease of the afternoons. Think about a one time amount that’ll cover you for the summer, we suggest anywhere that’s comfortable for you from $20 to $100. To do this please go to ilovepromise.com - thanks!

weather update:
The weather forecast for the weekend looks uncertain again. On sunday you can call Dave’s landline for a message about the plan for the day - 416 461 4939.

And we’re always reachable on our mobiles - David 416 550 2702 and Irving 416 902 1740.

Our deepest thanks for their continued support and encouragement to Pat Chastang and Councillor Paula Fletcher, Sandy Straw and Jaime McCaig at Toronto Parks, Jason Lazslo, Councillor Joe Pantalone, the Toronto Public Space Committee, Lori and Kevin from newmindspace, Tim from Drummers in Exile, Zaria, Vanessa, Lyen, Katie, Zack, ALA, Bettina, and Justin from alienInFlux.

See you sunday!

cheers,
David and Irving

new queen west market:
Our friend Kealan, who runs 69 Vintage, is starting up a market in the gorgeous space that used to be Spin Gallery, just west of Queen and Dovercourt. The 6000 sq ft market is open to anyone wanting to display and sell art, fashion, antiques, crafts and just about anything else. This is such a great opportunity to be a part of something amazing. Check out details for vendors or event bookings at www.queenwestmarket.com. You can visit the market every weekend on saturday and sunday from 10 - 6pm at 1100 Queen St W, 2nd floor.