• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Check out the tribe magazine LEGACY exhibit at https://tribe.ca/legacy

alexd

Administrator
Staff member

I've started digitizing film and transparencies shot from 1993 to about 2003. I'm releasing them daily and putting them on an exhibit page at tribe magazine photo exhibit
I haven't seen these since I shot them, and I've waited until the technology was sufficiently adequate to digitize them. There may also be a party later in the year that will feature 4K versions displayed on high res monitors. I am approaching some providers to sponsor the display technology. Still working on that.

I am releasing them daily and putting them on an exhibit page at tribe magazine photo exhibit so bookmark that page if you want to see more.

Thanks!

alexd

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Really enjoyed checking out what you’ve got up so far, Alex.

Would be great to have these photos interspersed with some anecdotes from folks who were there, along with your own comments and perspectives. I see a sweet coffee-table book on the horizon! ...but I’m sure you’ve already thought of that. You’ve got the makings of a quintessential, historical record of the times and importance of the Canadian scene.

It must be both daunting and satisfying, sifting through this material. Happy and bittersweet memories of a very special, now lost era. ...those still here and those who’ve departed.

Thanks for doing this. Keep up the good work! :)

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Great ride down memory lane. Started raving in 94 in grade 10 (9?), and later was going to Uni and flyering for Stereo in 98/99. These pics are right in my wheelhouse. :D

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Great stuff, Alex. I will check back often.

And I'd be all over a long-overdue Tribe Reunion party as well. :)
Maybe in the fall. I will work on a technology sponsor for the display monitors to display 4K images in the spring.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
The best photos are yet to come. I am adding a few comments so people who didn't experience it will understand it better, and also to make it simpler for Canadian cultural academic researchers to find their way through the period.