• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

cheapest spot for replacement Ortofons?

Adam Duke

TRIBE Member
Hey fellow Tribers...where can i go to get the best price on Ortofon Nightclub needles?
I just need to get some replacements...what stores carry them?

@m.

Adam Duke

TRIBE Member
(i should have stated 'preferably relatively downtown also', as I'd like to pick them up tonight)

@m. <---addict!

kodos

TRIBE Member
i know an ortofon distributor in the states - the prices are good

i dunno about individual stylii but a nightclub cartridge with 2 needles is around $100 american

goa@bellatlantic.net may have been the guy's email... name's david... mention me, maybe i'll get a deal?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
I bought mine at Metro Sound. I think I paid $110 or $120 for two of them. Can't remember for sure.

I was surprised it was that expensive, but I didn't exactly know where else to get them and couldn't be arsed to search around downtown. I am sure you could get them cheaper elsewhere, but I don't know of where. I got the impression I was being ripped off.

Cheers ... Ian

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
My suggestion would be metro sound but you can also try any of the record shops along yonge. They are all pretty close to each other now. Traxx usually has some stock and so does Play De. Try and get a price idea from the net and that way you will know what you should be paying for.

jeremy -metro sound is your best bet- jive

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
Metrop0lis Records at Queen & Spadina carries them for about 50$ each I believe. At least that's how much I paid last time I was there.

Maggs

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hardtekfunk:
$65/ortofon nightclub needle @ Metropolis. I just called.
</font>
I guess the price I paid was reasonable after all. Like I said, I paid either $55 or $60 each for mine at Metro Sound. It definetly wasn't more than $60, I know that for a fact.

Cheers ... Ian