• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Cheapest Lunch In Town!!!!

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Queen and Spadina.....3 hot dog vendors selling hot dogs for $1!!!!

Sausages are $1.50.

I'm planning on just eating hot dogs, all day, everyday.....Cheaper than groceries.

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
If you do that you'll have the most wonderful smell of hotdog emanating from your pours.

You'll be a hit with the pooches.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
wow thats cheaper than the $3 4 item combo at that China town food court they shut down for having rats running through it.

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
um... that's kinda gross. every day, all day?

I remember getting a bag-o-fries at Churrasco's at St. Lawrence Market for $1.50 (I think, can't remember it was like 8 years ago)

melody

TRIBE Member
thats because they left the box out of the freezer last night and now they need to get rid of them asap before the health department tells them to throw em out. (I have no idea if thats true but could explain it.)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
wow, thats awesome!
maybe the Bloor and Jarvis guy will do this when he gets back from his annual visit to his unknown country of origin.
sadly, I cant eat on Spadina. just doesn't feel right.
same with Sherbourne.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Ditto Much said:
wow thats cheaper than the $3 4 item combo at that China town food court they shut down for having rats running through it.
It's still there, and I'm having that for lunch. And it's more like five items for four bucks.

The trick is to pick things you can easily identify, like a chicken leg or squid.

vench

TRIBE Promoter
I'd rather pay $5 for a half chicken dinner from the churrasqueira place across the street from me.

hot dogs are nasty. only reserved for hockey games at the ACC or Blue Jay games.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Nice! I miss the streetmeat vendors :(

They're not allowed here.

Now I'm totally craving a sausage for lunch. Thanks :mad:

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
quantumize said:
the hot dogs ARE cheap but the condiment selection lacks
What does it lack? Cuz it has everything that i've ever seen at a hot dog vendor....Sauerkraut(sp?), hot peppers, bacon bits, that funny looking corn stuff, BBQ sauce, hot sauce, mayonaise...etc.etc.

nawberry

TRIBE Member
I was in a taxi a few weekends ago heading to a certain “venue” on a Sunday morning at around 7am. All three of those Queen/Spadina hot dog vendors were open.

The streets were empty, no people, but three hot dog vendors within steps of each other.

Very odd. Maybe they make their money buying hot dogs from one and other.

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
melody said:
thats because they left the box out of the freezer last night and now they need to get rid of them asap before the health department tells them to throw em out. (I have no idea if thats true but could explain it.)

Must have been A LOT of boxes out of the freezer, cuz it's been like this for over 6 months now.

The sausages used to be $2, now they're $1.50.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
PRIMAL said:
If you do that you'll have the most wonderful smell of hotdog emanating from your pours.

You'll be a hit with the pooches.

It's ok. I have a girlfriend. That means I own her and I can let myself go now.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Mr_Furious said:
Queen and Spadina.....3 hot dog vendors selling hot dogs for $1!!!!

Sausages are $1.50.

I'm planning on just eating hot dogs, all day, everyday.....Cheaper than groceries.
Offal and tasty!

I remember some of the vendors did the 'ol $1.99 deal which you didn't notice until the guy asks for money.

C-NiCE

TRIBE Promoter
Best value for me is still a large bowl of Pho from any decent Vietnamese restaurant. Anywhere from $5.50 to $7 and you are stuffed. Maybe not DIRT cheap but atleast you get some nutrition out of it!