• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Cheapest home phone companies?

Chiclet

TRIBE Promoter
Before you tell me to google, I already did. :)

Can you guys recommend a good phone company? I just got a cool phone for a housewarming gift and, it's making me consider getting a landline...

Otherwise, is there a way to hook a regular phone to your cell phone? I really wanna try this phone out!

Thanks

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
You cannot hook a regular phone to a cell line.

Cheap I dunno. I work for Bell so I naturally am going to be slanted a certain way. Do research, cheaper is not always better in this biz.

zoo

TRIBE Member
a basic landline is like $22 / month

not bad really, but then again i don't have a cell phone :)

Jay P

TRIBE Member
I am with Bell.. $22 a month which is as basic as it gets...

I use my cell phone all the time so I don't really even need the landline.

Chiclet

TRIBE Promoter
hmm, yeah... we don't really need a landline either, but this new phone is so neat!

Maybe we'll just use it for decoration.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chiclet

TRIBE Promoter
The bells on mine are more like brushed steel and they look like boobies. Maybe that's why I like it so much? lol

Psyklone

TRIBE Promoter
It's an aight phone but don't waste money on Bell just for a landline.

Isn't there a $30 activation fee? And then monthly you'll have to cover little things that people love like call waiting, a voicemail system, etc...

I say don't bother with a landline.

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
$55.00 activation fee, CRTC tarriff, no way around it. Pretty big price to pay just to use the pretty telephone.

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
I am trying to look for this company that is advertising in the subway.... can't remember the name.. but neat new concept...

watch this space....

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
get the cheapest one possible. then get call forward on your home-line.

I used to have that... now nobody calls at all b/c I never pick up my cell anyways.

heh