• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Cheapest beers/watering hole.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Bacchus said:
I refuse to buy beer @ Bistro. There's something up with that shit. NO reason a pint should make me so wobbly. My guess is there's some type of psychedelic fungus growing in the lines.
This is a reason not to drink it?!

dyad

TRIBE Member
bistro 422 has my heart for now and forever

i used to like the food there, but then the cook was gone and berger had to make it and serve himself which turned him from surly in a fun cuz you know he really likes ya to a surly in a fuck off kind of way.

once i pet a cat pawing through a hole in the top of their patio, then i realized it was a raccoon and i was just that drunk. think i had only been there an hour tops too.

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
I give a third vote to the Rhino.

1. It's really nice, especially compared to some of the other dives in the area, but doesn't try to look "trendy" like the social or drake.

2. Hipsters don't really go there (probably because it doesn't have a dance floor). Besides, they'll go to Wrongbar just a few doors down.

3. It has lots of seating

4. full sized pool tables

5. patio for summer

6. $4 bottles of Stella, cheap pitchers and a good selection of other beers.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
not downtown but if anyone is ever in the Jane and Sheppard area and want to got out for 3 dollar beers there a cool little restaurant that has some decent wings just near the corner, it think it's caribbean

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
dyad said:
once i pet a cat pawing through a hole in the top of their patio, then i realized it was a raccoon and i was just that drunk. think i had only been there an hour tops too.
gahahaha, this is an excellent Bistro story.

I had a friend in university who broke up with his gf because of Bistro. Or rather, she broke up with him. He wanted to get down with her in the Bistro bathroom one drunken night and apparently this 'called his entire sense of hygiene into question' and they broke up. True story.

Bistro. Ruining lives everywhere.

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
Those Bistro stories are hilarious!

Looks like I've gotta start going to the Rhino more. I keep going to the Caddy since I've moved nearby but all this cheap drink talk is convincing me I should be going there instead.

djglobalkiller

TRIBE Promoter
my pub does specials

$4 pints of keiths/keithsred on wednesdays, i think $4 guinness on fridays... dont quote me on that yet as we changed theformat. $4 mimosas and caesars on weekends, and $4 steamwhistle lagers on sundays after 4pm

489 king west, google it

gk

also $5 appys monday 5pm-10 ftw and heads up fo yo cheap asses

AshG

yet another rhino vote. awesome selection of beers.

in the area of yonge and dundas, The Library is pure awesomeness.
great food too.

skyparty

TRIBE Member
this is a long shot!

anywhere in bayview and eglinton area?
yonge and eglinton? HA HA HA!!
Davisville?

no seriously... in the vincity aka cheap cab ride home

my roomate and i have been lookin for a place to drink cheap