1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Cheaper printing shops in west end?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by shanekingsley, Mar 3, 2010.

1. shanekingsley

shanekingsley TRIBE Member

I have to print up a bunch of transcripts and don't want to drain my ink cartridges.
    Nothing fancy, just simple Word documents.
    Where in the west end somewhat close to Jane/Bloor is there a good print shop that does it for cheap?

Thanks.

2. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

kinkos ?

3. shanekingsley

thanks, but I think that's just a bit farther for me than going to Staples. I was just hoping that there was some local, small photocopying shop around but perhaps not.

4. Aphrodite

Aphrodite TRIBE Member

UPS on queensway. it's a flagship store with some sick digital photoopiers. great staff.

ask for Mark, he's a manager.

The Queensway (Across from Sherway Gardens)
    3 - 1750 The Queensway, Etobicoke
    store3@theupsstore.ca

Phone:
    (416) 626-2401
    Fax:
    (416) 626-2402

5. derek

derek TRIBE Member

FEDEX Kinkos (although rumour has it, not such a good purchase)

6. erika

erika TRIBE Member

There's something like that east of Runnymede on Bloor.

7. shanekingsley

Thanks, I'll have to keep an eye out..
    In about 2 months, I have to print up a few thousand pages of thesis for my girlfriend, with binding and stuff, so it would be nice to find a local shop that does it for cheaper than Kinko's/ Staples...
    Last night I did the initial print at Staples and they charge 10c a copy, which is fine for small jobs, but not for the big ones coming later on...

8. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

go Asian.

not talking about printing in China, but look for a small asian 'copy/printer' place. LOTS of them along major streets (Bloor, Yonge, College, etc..)

you don't pay all the overhead of a huge corporation, and you can usually haggle.

Get copies for 5 cents in bulk (or less) and the binding shouldn't be more than $5-10 depending on the size of the book.

9. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

nothing can be more stressful than owning a heidelberg. oh wait: operating one.