• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Cheap/simple Room floorplan/layout programs?

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
Anyone know of any simple but effective floorplan designing software?

It doesn't need to be autoCAD...just allow me to draw room shapes that are not just squares and input room dimensions, etc.

Free or commercial, as long as it gets the job done in a relatively short amount of time.

j bunny 2000

TRIBE Member
3d home architect - $40- 60 me thinks

punch ($50-100 i believe)

Chief architect - more expensive, but can do alot with it

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Lainey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by windowlicker
illustrator is shit to draft with

try miniCAD or vector?
He's not drafting, just simply creating a floor plan, I've used Illustator for years for floor plans and it always looks good. It's also the easiest program learn.

zoo

TRIBE Member
i don't understand how anything can be easier than graph paper, a pencil, and measuring tape :)

windowlicker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lainey
He's not drafting, just simply creating a floor plan, I've used Illustator for years for floor plans and it always looks good. It's also the easiest program learn.
I'm drafting with it right now and am about to tear whomever created it a new asshole

there are easier ways (drafting programs with grips, etc are more suitable)

windowlicker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lainey
creating a floor plan is drafting