• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

cheap flights (within canada)

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
It tried searching for cheap flight threads , but seem to all be vacation threads. So I am looking to book in advance to goto calgary, where are the cheap flights for across canada? It seems like it is cheaper to goto florida.

Jay

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Westjet seems to have the lowest prices anytime I've tried to book. I usually use expedia.ca to get price estimates and then book the ticket with the airline itself online.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

echo

TRIBE Member
The last few times I've flown...it's been with air canada as their prices were the best of the lot. Better than westjet even. More recently I've been hearing alot of good things about Harmony Airways. www.harmonyairways.com Maybe check them out too!

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
i just scored a one way ticket to vancouver from toronto for $214+taxes..worked out to be roughly $275. not bad.. and its with Westjet

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Oxymoron.

What you need are drunk/high friends in Calgary who go on the internet, push some buttons, send you an email, and regret it in the morning when you show up.

(then take a taxi home cause they think they are dying)

Or, maybe you don't need that. Anyways, worked well for me. SAY HI TO TORRY FOR ME!

-jM
A&D
(failing that you can milk Schlumberger for a free interview... they'll fly anyone out)

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
madnezz said:
if you drive to calgary, generally how much can you expect to pay in gas?
Three days of continuous driving will get you to Calgary. Thats like, from 6 or 7 am until about 10pm. You will get to Calgary in the early evening of day 3. So, however much gas it takes to run your car on a highway for that long, is how much gas you will need.

-jM
A&D

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
Is there a way to check websites for the cheapest fares possible independent of date?

I'm pretty flexible when it comes to taking vacation time, so I want to go when it's the cheapest. Other than waiting for a seat sale, is there away to do this?

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
check:
http://www.flightcenter.ca/
http://www.travel2000.ca/air.htm

Air Canada is a little more expensive but is a major airline with numerous daily flights, so if one yours gets cancelled they are pretty good about re-booking you the same day. Westjet is a low cost carrier, they don't network with other airlines same with Canjet. HMY has great service but only has a few flight a day.

Last edited: