1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Cheap Earbud Rubber

Discussion in 'Technology' started by rawd, Oct 15, 2010.

1. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

That cheap rubber stuff is flaking off my iPod earbuds. What are ya'll using for earbuds

2. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

Ipod buds are awesome.

I know there are several brands out there though...

3. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

do you mean the ones that come with ipods?

they are atrocious

4. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

5. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

I like the Klipsch S4 with the vol control but the control doesn't support the 1g Touch :|

Also like the Sennheiser CX300 but the cord has one side longer then the other. I hate that lopsided crap

500's have symmetrical apparently,
    http://www.sennheiser.ca/live/senn/produit/en/994/15

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  6. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

I have the CX300s as a backup and they're def. ok.

I dont mind the asymmetry - you make it symmetrical by looping the long one around the back of your neck!

Only issue is earwax penetrates the grill of these overtime. You would need to open them up to properly clean them and restore full sound.

This is why I like a design like the etymotics - there are replaceable filters at the ends. Once you notice the sound lacking something in the high ends, you replace with new filters and your earphones are essentially returned to a new state.

7. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

8. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

Got a pair of Klipsch S4's for my birthday and I'm really enjoying them. The sound is great - tracks feel really 'full', and they seem to stay put in my ears even if I'm sweating while working out.

Almost every other pair of ear-buds I had would slide out once I started to work up a sweat and it drove me nuts - not sure what's so different about these ones that they stay put.

9. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Oh question to CX 300 owners, they come with small-medium-large earbuds - I wanted to lend my pair to the gf, but only had one small rubber tip left - anyone have any extra small earbuds I can buy?

10. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

anybody?