• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

cheap, delicious, and easy recipies

jebac

TRIBE Member
alright everybody, this thread is where you'll all post cheap, delicious and easy recipies! the reason for this is im sure there are many people like me who have no time to cook and when they do, they want to make somethign they can eat for the next 2 days.

that being said, i dont really have any recipies. one that ive been wanting to try is that one in the daft punk revolution 909 video, the tomatoe sauce. that looks good.

anything else??

-jebac

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Rosted red pepper chicken

INGREDIENTS:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers
1/2 avocado sliced
2 cups japanese crumbs (the ones you use for tempura) or regular crumbs

3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup goat cheese
DIRECTIONS:
1. With a very sharp knife, cut pockets into the thickest part of the breast of chicken. Stuff as many pieces of roasted red peppers and avocado as you can into pockets of chicken one at a time. Pour bread crumbs into a large plastic bag. Place chicken breasts in the bag with the bread crumbs and shake until well coated.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil to a medium-high heat and place chicken in the pan. Cook for 5 minutes on one side then turn, cook for 10 minutes on the other side.
3. While cooking the chicken, in an electric blender blend sour cream and a few pieces of red peppers. Flip the chicken one more time and cook 5 more minutes, or until chicken is done.
4. Cut the chicken in half and arrange the pieces on a plate. Drizzle with sour cream mixture and sprinkle with goat cheese.

Resolver

TRIBE Member
jebac said:
alright everybody, this thread is where you'll all post cheap, delicious and easy recipies! the reason for this is im sure there are many people like me who have no time to cook and when they do, they want to make somethign they can eat for the next 2 days.

that being said, i dont really have any recipies. one that ive been wanting to try is that one in the daft punk revolution 909 video, the tomatoe sauce. that looks good.

anything else??

-jebac
What about cocaine brownies from Cocaine Island? I hear they BLOw the mind.

EltrikSoulCntlr

TRIBE Member
Bruchetta-
2 tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
red onion to taste
fresh basil
olive oil
little bit o feta if you like
Chop everything finely drain off excess liquid- toast some bread

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

dig this

TRIBE Member
Ingredients:

10 beers
1 fridge

Directions:

Add beer to fridge, let cool. Open fridge and grab beer. Open, drink, repeat. Add salted snacks to taste.

Lurker

TRIBE Member
dig this said:
Ingredients:

10 beers
1 fridge

Directions:

Add beer to fridge, let cool. Open fridge and grab beer. Open, drink, repeat. Add salted snacks to taste.
Winner!

Though Killalady, do you cut the chicken lengthwise or widthwise to make the little pepper pocket? Sounds super tasty

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
it is... and it's so easy to make... it's one of those, I don't fucking feel like cooking, but I don't want to eat crap either.

Cut the chicken lengthwise... meaning on the side, so you open it like a book. Secure it with toothpicks. You don't really have to shake the chicken, you can just put the crumbs on a plate and then roll the chicken through, so the stuff doesn't come out of the chicken.

Sinister Shadow

TRIBE Member
Potato Salad

5lbs Red Skin Potato
6 Eggs
Mayo
Mustard
Onion or Chives
Celery

Wash and potatoes and cut into large chunks.
Boil potatoes until soft.
Remove and cool in fridge.
Hard boil eggs.
Cool in fridge.
Chop all ingredents into desired size
Mix with mayo / mustard as you see fit (go easy it doesn't take much).

You can also add some/all of the following:
Pickles
Paprika
Curry Powder
Radishes
Garlic

Hella easy and tasty summer dish.

Sinister Shadow

TRIBE Member
Home Made Refried Beans

1 can kidney beans
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp Mustard
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp chili powder
Salt
Pepper
Oil
Water

Nuke the kidney beans for about 1-2 minutes.
Smash them up good with a masher.
Put in a fry pan with oil.
Add everything else and water to create a nice paste.
Simmer for 10-15 minutes.

Now add to your favorite mexican recipie.
Tacos? Burritos? 7 Layer Dip

Way better than the expensive and bland refried beans at the grocery store.

Last edited:

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
ss - those recipes look GREAT!

with regard to veggie tacos you can also use yves veggie ground round...just add some taco seasoning to it and it's delish! my meat eating friends love it!

lucky1

TRIBE Member
potato salad is easy to make but I find it a pain in the ass and it takes a long time because you have to cool everything before mixin in the mayo or the mayo will turn off. plus all the potato peealing and chopping takes a while.

Pasta salad is easier.. cook pasta, drain, drizzle with olive oil. (to coat) add ingreadients, (whatever meat or veg you have around at the time) ad some feta or parmesaan, add some fresh herbs, mix, serve.

Sinister Shadow

TRIBE Member
lucky1 said:
potato salad is easy to make but I find it a pain in the ass and it takes a long time because you have to cool everything before mixin in the mayo or the mayo will turn off. plus all the potato peealing and chopping takes a while.
This is true. It's why I make it a Sunday afternoon dish. You prep the parts then do something else. Mix is up just before you have to eat it.

Or, run things under cold water for about 3-5 minutes. Cools it right off. Of course, this is a massive waste of water.

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
I don't have a recipe per se, but I always cook with garlic. Oven roasted is best.

Preheat oven to 375C. Take one bulb of garlic, slice the tips off the top, shape a "bulb" of tin foil and pour some olive oil on top of garlic in foil. Add freshly cracked salt+pepper, plus a dash of herb (basil, oregano, parsley, whichever), close tin foil bulb completely, insert in oven for about 20-30 mins, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand for about 5 mins. Then, remove garlic from papery shell using spoon, I prefer by fingers. You can add it to whatever, pasta, meat, veggies, plus you have roasted garlic flavoured olive oil after. Gives your kitchen a nice scent. I sometimes crush into a paste and smear it on a fresh toasted Ace Bakery loaf for garlic bread.

dyad

TRIBE Member
Sinister Shadow said:
This is true. It's why I make it a Sunday afternoon dish. You prep the parts then do something else. Mix is up just before you have to eat it.

Or, run things under cold water for about 3-5 minutes. Cools it right off. Of course, this is a massive waste of water.
ice bath! big assed bowl with water and ice does the trick

but I am also a fan of potato salad with peels just scrubbed really well... very nutritious that way

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Poverty Pasta

1 can cream of whatever soup you like(dont add water)
pasta

heat can of soup
boil noodles

mix together

BAM!!!!
poverty pasta

love this stuff, takes like 5 mins to make and is quite tasty

Last edited: