• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Cheap Car Rental places?

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
The GF and I are going to Tremblant this thursday for a few days (Thurs-Sat night). Seeing as how I just sold my pimpmobile to Doublecross, we need a means of transportation!
Does anyone in here know of any cheap car rental places? Perhaps you're aware of a deal somewhere? Or better yet, you work at a car rental place and can give us a discount!? That'd be thuper!

Any info would be appreciated as I have zero experience with renting cars.
Thanks Tribe!!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
prepare to be raped
they all suck ass, and it sounds like a good deal, then the taxes, and all the other charges get tacked on
and better hope nothing happens to the car/truck, cause then you are fucked

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
Friend of mine who works in insurance told me to call my credit card company. Apparently most gold cards will automatically cover car rental insurance for you.
That's a huge help as insurance is an additional $100 with Hertz. Still shopping around though!

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
SmoothOperator said:
Friend of mine who works in insurance told me to call my credit card company. Apparently most gold cards will automatically cover car rental insurance for you.
That's a huge help as insurance is an additional $100 with Hertz. Still shopping around though!
yeah, most gold cards will, it might be cheaper to just rent the car for a full week...get them to quote the FULL prices...ive only gotten rentals when in accidents, and have hated them all..

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Saw this on redflagdeals.com the other day...

Until June 25th, you can get a weekend rental on a small car for only $21.99 per day with unlimited kilometres. Simply enter code, TGIF, in the Rate Code (RQ) field. Thanks for the deal, malaca!

Item(s): Weekend Car Rental
Price: $21.99/Day
Expiry: June 25, 2006

http://www.redflagdeals.com/deals/main.php/travel

and as previously mentionned, gold cards usually have insurance on them for rentals, or call your cc company about adding coverage. It's something like $50-$70/year so it pays for itself after a couple of rentals.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
go to dollar rent-a-car.... tell them you work for skylink (the company that owns them) and that you are an assistant to Walter Arbib.. one of the two owners of Skylink.

if they don't know what you're talking about, ask for the manager and get mad at them for not training their employees properly. then tell them to call their district manager and tell them that one of Walters's assistants is there and see what they say.

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
Subsonic Chronic said:
Saw this on redflagdeals.com the other day...

http://www.redflagdeals.com/deals/main.php/travel

and as previously mentionned, gold cards usually have insurance on them for rentals, or call your cc company about adding coverage. It's something like $50-$70/year so it pays for itself after a couple of rentals.
Gonna give this a shot...not sure if it'll work considering I'm picking the car up on Thursday morning. Thanks Pete!

MrMarcus

TRIBE Member
ev said:
go to dollar rent-a-car.... tell them you work for skylink (the company that owns them) and that you are an assistant to Walter Arbib.. one of the two owners of Skylink.

if they don't know what you're talking about, ask for the manager and get mad at them for not training their employees properly. then tell them to call their district manager and tell them that one of Walters's assistants is there and see what they say.

it'll be hilarious if 5 tribers read this and go there tomorrow at different times trying to pull that off. i might have to. ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
i bet you the people there would be to taken back and stupid to verify you actually worked for skylink... and besides.. rental places can give retardedly cheap prices if the chose to. i had a freind that used to work at discount.. i would get big $150 a day suv's for like $30 + insurance