• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

~*...chasing the storm 2012/2013...*~

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
just did 3 days at Le Massif, near Baie-St-Paul (about 90 mins NE of Quebec City). Highest peak east of the rockies. Very good mountain but we just missed a 52 cm dump the morning we left, fack

if anyone needs info on the area, hit me up. Found some great food and an amazing hotel
Did you take any pics?

catilyst

TRIBE Member
Interesting news for the Blue regulars. Sounds like the forbidden zone will finally be developed. Mixed feelings here, but knew this was coming. It was a great spot to sneak over to, esp. when there was fresh snow or even just to get away from the crowds. The plus side with lift lines what they are weekends maybe this will thin the crowds a bit.

Blue Mountain Gets Even Larger

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

zoo

TRIBE Member
Just added these notches to my bed post:

Grand Targhee
Jackson Hole
The Canyons
Snowbird
Alta

And we had dumps, lots of them. Alta/Snowbird is damn near perfect.

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
Just got back from a week of riding at Fernie...excellent mountain...one of my favourites.

I have 3 lift passes we didn't use that are good to the end of the season. IF anyone is going and wants some discounted lift tickets, hit me up.

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
Just added these notches to my bed post:

Grand Targhee
Jackson Hole
The Canyons
Snowbird
Alta

And we had dumps, lots of them. Alta/Snowbird is damn near perfect.

hot damn, phil! nice one. jackson hole is up there on my bucket list. can't wait to ride there. travis rice lives there for a reason!

japan is amazing. the snow is bonkers! but much like everywhere else, it gets chewed up real fast if you're not there for first chair.

at the top of mt.annupuri - niseko united

hakuba happo'one - nagano

the best terrain i rode in japan @ hakuba happoone

this is the sign at the top of that face.

the ride out to our lodging in hakuba...of course we had to build a jump and gap it

overall, japan is a completely different universe than the western world and is overflowing with tradition and culture. the snow is beyond insane and is constantly dumping from the sky. the terrain is varied, super fun and you can definitely get yourself into trouble quite easily. however, i did not ride any steep pitches that put the fear of god in me like we get here in canada. dropping delirium dive at sunshine, or whitewall at kicking horse or the north bowl at revelstoke are steeper than anything we found in japan. it just reminded me how good we have it here in canada.

i can't wait to go back to japan, but in the summer. i can only imagine how much more insane it is when its warm out. if you haven't ridden japan in the winter, i highly suggest it. so much fun. so much snow. so much culture. however, for the amount of money it costs to get out there and stay to ride, you could ride 5 days of cat or 3 days of heli in b.c. and get just as good snow, more challenging terrain, more vertical and no one except the peeps in your cat/heli to shred it with.

next year, i will scratch heli off of my bucket list.

~*...canada wa saikō...*~

Re: Shoe

TRIBE Member
Park / Jib boots and bindings

Hey Norm or other shredders,

I'm looking to get a dedicated park/jib setup for next seasons. Any recommendations in terms of boots and bindings?

Comfort, performance and durability are much more important to me than looks or price.

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
Norm I'm so glad you got to board in Japan- it was on my list too. The other place on my list was Hokkaido, known for their "Champangne" powder, and Sapporro beer. I hope you get to go so i can continue to see such fantastic adventure pictures and live vicariously through you :)
-Jen (97% sure of imminent boarding retiring)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

sheik rock

TRIBE Member

I'm looking to get a dedicated park/jib setup for next seasons. Any recommendations in terms of boots and bindings?

Comfort, performance and durability are much more important to me than looks or price.
I've been riding Burton Cartels this year on a park board and they are sweet. flexible but supportive high back and really good straps. Has a weird cutout to give the base flex as well.

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member

capita or mervin boards (lib, gnu) are most popular with the park kids that come into our shop. for boots, 32 lashed are the go to for peak and park. as for bindings, union hands down. a pair of forces should do you well. best bindings i've ever ridden. bombproof!

catboarding at valhalla powder cats three weeks ago. best snow i have ever ridden.

the burton rep sending it over the cat

the capita rep sending a backie over the cat *holy shit*

we still have snow. come shred with me!

~*...snowmurai...*

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Over the weekend my dad was at a Garage Sale, and found the following;

Ride Board Bag, Ride Timeless Deck, Ride Bindings, Lamar Boots, Pro Tec Helmet, and some decent Goggles apparently.

All for 200$ :)

not sure if the boots will fit, regardless, if they dont and i sell them and my old gear ill get enough to pay for this stuff and have money towards new pants to go with my Volcom jacket.