• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Chart Fart

smack

TRIBE Member
1. Pufo and Sin Plomo - Wind Up [Fire]
2. Goldfrapp - Train (Ewan Pearson 4/4 Instrumental) [Mute]
3. Jason Brunton - Different Places (Observation Mix) [Laws of Motion]
4. Thomas Buchner - Jolly Jumper [Exun]
5. Merrick Brown - Gato Girls [Harmonious Discord]
6. Silent Partners - Down By Dub (Joshua No War Remix) [Hi Phen]
7. Phonogenic - Truth & Reconciliation [2020 Vision]
8. Subsound - The Universal Sky EP [Affected]
9. Smackers - Headphones [CD-R]
10. Terry Francis & Eddie Richards - Garage Sessions Vol. 1 [Lifted]
 

Aequitas

TRIBE Member
Congrats Steve. Hopefully I have an opportunity to hear it sometime soon :D

Originally posted by Nesta
chloe is a wicked dj
Yeah... she's all over the breakdown mixing. Wicked indeed! :rolleyes: Although, sometimes I do enjoy her sound.
 
Last edited:

slingshot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aequitas


Yeah... she's all over the breakdown mixing. Wicked indeed! :rolleyes: Although, sometimes I do enjoy her sound.
^ Most would be hardpressed to even appreciate let alone locate most of the stuff Chloe plays. She is without a doubt coming from a different angle with regards to dance music. I'd say it would take an appreciative and experienced ear to really grasp what she does. IMO.

ss

p.s - Nesta we will make the trip to see her in Seattle. She'd love that.

p.s.s - Smackers - Headphones - Thank you.
 

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by slingshot
^ Most would be hardpressed to even appreciate let alone locate most of the stuff Chloe plays. She is without a doubt coming from a different angle with regards to dance music. I'd say it would take an appreciative and experienced ear to really grasp what she does. IMO.

ss

p.s - Nesta we will make the trip to see her in Seattle. She'd love that.

p.s.s - Smackers - Headphones - Thank you.
this gets a BIG FAT YES GUY!!! :D

can't wait!
 

Aequitas

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by slingshot
I'd say it would take an appreciative and experienced ear to really grasp what she does. IMO.
Right... If appreciative and experienced ears don't really care about proper mixing.

As I said, I enjoy her sound, usually most when she's more inclined towards breaks and whatnot, but she seems to be challenged by the prospect of putting together a simple beatmix. Or maybe she just prefers to mix during breakdowns. Either way, from a technichal perspective, she doesn't sound so wicked, IMO. Not bad either, mind you, just not "wicked."
 

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aequitas
Right... If appreciative and experienced ears don't really care about proper mixing.

As I said, I enjoy her sound, usually most when she's more inclined towards breaks and whatnot, but she seems to be challenged by the prospect of putting together a simple beatmix. Or maybe she just prefers to mix during breakdowns. Either way, from a technichal perspective, she doesn't sound so wicked, IMO. Not bad either, mind you, just not "wicked."
she's a wicked dj... maybe not the best mixer, but there's a lot more to djing then mixing... seen?
 

Aequitas

TRIBE Member
Agreed. There's a lot more to djing than mixing.

As I said, I do enjoy her... I just don't think she's "wicked." You do. Oh well. Opinions are opinions. Let's leave it @ that ;)
 

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aequitas
Agreed. There's a lot more to djing than mixing.

As I said, I do enjoy her... I just don't think she's "wicked." You do. Oh well. Opinions are opinions. Let's leave it @ that ;)
cool. :)
 

Lexicon

TRIBE Member
'Headphones' <----- I'm enjoying this track! Well done steve.
That Terry Francis & Eddie Richards Ep, loving it.
 

chloe harris

TRIBE Member
never realized i mixed in breakdowns. haha.
but i appreciate the comments.

it helps me learn. :)

and that smackers guy rules.
 
Top