• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Chappelle special to air on Comedy Network April 1st

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
from an enewsletter i receive:

Comedy Net to air Dave Chappelle special
Sure to nab some eyeballs, Comedy Net will be airing a 90-minute comedy special starring Dave Chappelle. Dave Chappelle: For What it's Worth will preem on Saturday, April 1 at 10 p.m. The no-holds-barred laugh-fest was taped before a live studio audience in San Francisco.

Comedy Net = The Comedy Network.
and here's confirmation from their site:

http://www.thecomedynetwork.ca/servlet/an/comedy/2/20060313/TCN_Release_20060313/?hub=ComedyHome

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
kmac said:
What the fuck is juice?

such an awesome part of the skit

' i know what y'all drink..... GRAPE JUICE MUTHER FUCKERS !

you didnt think i knew about grape juice did you? '

aaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha

[jai]

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
This isn't actually that new. I saw it on Comedy Central over a year ago. It should be available through torrents.
oh. guess it's just the comedy network premier.
i haven't seen it though, so i'll probably try and catch it this time.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
cmon, blackface!

IT'S BLACKFEET MUTHAFUCKER!

actually his block party was totally worth the 12 bucks to see it...for the music alone

flashy: that was from killing em softly, the first one

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
terrawrist III said:
actually his block party was totally worth the 12 bucks to see it...for the music alone

flashy: that was from killing em softly, the first one
Ah yes...I watched them back to back so i tend to confuse them.

Is there a soundtrack out for Block Party? There's a CD I'd buy legit, rather than soulseeking it.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
man I can't wait for the DVD to hit shelves...I'm sure they'll be extras with more music

I was in the theater shocked at how clean and crisp the sound was!...I was high and flustered like " holy hell is that kool G rap!?...no, couldnt be!"

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
terrawrist III said:
man I can't wait for the DVD to hit shelves...I'm sure they'll be extras with more music

I was in the theater shocked at how clean and crisp the sound was!...I was high and flustered like " holy hell is that kool G rap!?...no, couldnt be!"
Actually that was the one problem I had with the version we saw at the Film Fest. Not only was it unfinished (no titles, etc) but the sound wasn't really mixed properly. Plus we saw it at the Elgin, which is not that great acoustically for film.

Maybe I'll head out and see this next week in some proper THX biz.

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
nice.

yeh, saw block party this past weekend, and as expected it was pretty fuckin great....def grabbing the dvd when it comes out

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
Actually that was the one problem I had with the version we saw at the Film Fest. Not only was it unfinished (no titles, etc) but the sound wasn't really mixed properly. Plus we saw it at the Elgin, which is not that great acoustically for film.

Maybe I'll head out and see this next week in some proper THX biz.
flashy, definitely go see it at some big monster of a theatre like the paramount... the sound is SO good.