• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Chanukah

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
is it true that all the gifts given on the continuous days are really shitty gifts...just a bunch of them?

curious about chanakuh

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

originalVIBE

TRIBE Promoter
In the Jewish calender a day starts at sundown not sunrise so the first day of Chanukah is tomorow which really is tonight ;).

Tonight will be the first day and there r 8 in total...

The real question is if you do a happy hanukah (day 1) thread on tribe and then proceed to do a day 2, day 3 ... day 8. Would alex d ban you for spaming or do all the 8 days have to be combined into one thread on tribe? it would take away from it or cut it short so to say but that would be the thread is circumsized and therefore kosher/jewish.

originalJEW

Originally posted by terrawrist III
is it true that all the gifts given on the continuous days are really shitty gifts...just a bunch of them?

curious about chanakuh
yes we go out and buy really shitty gifts for everyone but the fact that we give lots of gifts for 8 days makes up for it...

:rolleyes:

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter

curious about chanakuh
My aunt use to buy my cousins things that needed components. Like if she got one of them a skateboard they'd get the wheels first, then the bearings, then the grip tape. etc.

Crafty woman.

Then she divorced her husband and now those spoiled shits get Chanukah and Christmas.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
wow. thats really strange.
i just clicked on my link, and it took me to the disney homepage, but then i typed www.jewhoo.com into my browser and it took me to the correct page.
but i swear, i didnt mess with the original link!

can someone who is less of a luddite explain this to me?

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter

curious about chanakuh
Not in my family. In my fam they gave me 8 presents every year until I was 13. When I had my bar mitzvah they told me that since they got me 8 every year, and im a man now, they are paid up on gifts until im 90. Since then Im lucky to get 1. lol

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
when i was little, i would get the gift from my folks on the first day. then on the second day i would get the gift from my grandparents. 3rd day i would get the gift from my great aunt...and on and on.
so its basically all the people who i would have gotten gifts from on one day of chanukah, but spread out over the whole holiday.

chanukah isnt really a holiday for giftgiving to grown-ups. thats more of a spill-over of christmas tradition.