1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

champions league 2010/11

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Nesta, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

the action gets started today! i'm hoping my boys in blue can take it this year as they're long overdue. CHELSEA!!!

2. Variant

Variant TRIBE Member

This week I think arsenal v. braga interests me the most. should be fast paced and offensive.

i was looking forward to watching tottenham upset some big sides but without defoe i think they'll be hard pressed.

3. agentRC4

agentRC4 TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

you mean the real boys in BLUE.
    GO GERS!

4. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

sorry, but i don't really rate scottish football. :p

5. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

Def watching the ManU/Rangers match today, and quietly cheering on TFC alumni Maurice Edu. Hope he gets some quality minutes!

6. DJ Vuvu Zela

DJ Vuvu Zela TRIBE Member

I hate how Rogers and TSN have divided the coverage between them.

Now to watch the games broadcast in Canada I have to subscribe to both TSN2 and sportsnet One (and i can't even get sportsnet one on shaw direct) in addition to their regular channels.

Plus is that piece of shit Setanta also broadcasting CL games this year? I refuse to pay $15 a month for a single channel.

What a bunch of greedy fucks.

7. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

I heard alot of people pissed at the quality of the Setanta HD feed aswell. Apparently it's like widescreen SD. Ew

I'm cancelling FoxSportsWorld. With the Score showing 3 HD games a week now (and they look fkn hot), I'm more then happy with my Serie A programming. Download the odd match that they won't show that week and I'm set.

8. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

i'd cancel FSW if it weren't for the soccer report. i look forward to it every night. the score's coverage of serie a in HD is wicked! and yes, setanta in HD is complete shite!

9. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

Unless Terry and Lara start making out, its not worth my $2.50 a month!!

The EuroSportsWorld channel or whatever is garbage too. I flip to it once in a while, and the feed is bad. And they are showing some Ligue 1 games I can download and much better quality

10. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

Rangers can only hold on for so long here. If only everyone played like JSP.

11. DJ Vuvu Zela

god what a snoozefest the Man U game was. full credit to rangers, but a waste of 90 mins for anyone watching. too bad about Antonio Valencia's ankle.

Regarding Fox Sports World, i still subscribe to it. the games they broadcast are getting worse & worse every year, but the fox soccer report really is the best football highlight show. in terms of value Gol TV is the best. pretty much every barca & real madrid league game broadcast. too bad the announcers are horrendous.

12. wineandboogie

wineandboogie TRIBE Member

my picks for the semis

barca
    ac
    chelsea
    madrid

i pay for setanta and goltv, setanta is pricey but i get my moneys worth watching the gaa coverage. the only good thing about gol is the barca/madrid coverage.

13. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

only

14. smack

smack TRIBE Member

I hate when teams like Rangers play for a goaless draw like that. Boring!

Barcelona on the other hand played beautiful controlled attacking football.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  15. agentRC4

agentRC4 TRIBE Member

Yea but a draw against Manu is like a win in this group stage and set the stage pretty good for moving on!

GO GERS :)

16. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

Chelsea!!!

17. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

Surprised at the rough condition of the pitch along the one side at Bernabeu. More like GTA high school field.

18. Variant

Variant TRIBE Member

How about that group A. Both games ending in 2-2. Every game there looks to be a corker.

Arsenal looked devasting.. if only they can keep that up for some reasonable duration.. but of course.. they will not.

19. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

man Ozil looks great. One touch magic, just feed him the ball for 90 mins I say. Kaka who

20. DJ Vuvu Zela

he does. great signing for madrid.

The whole team looked great yesterday (well, except their finishing which was piss poor). Could've easily been a 5 or 6 nothing final.

21. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

Higuain does the same crap every year, and takes a few games to get going. Ronaldo still looks hurt IMHO. He was giving up on his runs far too quickly, and then just punting the damn thing.