• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Celebrity spotting in Toronto

Tearer

TRIBE Member
I ran into Mark McKinney not once, but twice today in Yorkville. He was on his cell phone the second time we crossed paths, but I gave him a big stupid smile and a thumbs up, and he gave me that trademark crooked smile back. Oh Mark, I'd have your manbabies.

Jen and I also saw Moe Berg earlier on Yonge St. He looks exactly like he did in the video for I'm an adult now. :)

Then we saw 21 Grams and got sledgehammered in the head.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
I saw Esthero on Bloor Street a few days ago, we chatted briefly before she had to take off.

My heart skipped a beat.

Jennika

TRIBE Member
Tearer was giddy like a school girl after his Mark McKinney sighting,

and to think it would never have come to pass had that little... um... uncomfortable detour not happened :p

sk8

TRIBE Member
I saw George Snuffleupagus (Stromboloblolopoulous????) I don't know his last name.

the music guy

anyway he was in the hockey store on bloor between keele and dundas purchasing equipment while i was getting my skates sharpened.

they do excellent work there.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

MrMarcus

TRIBE Member
I saw Val Venus the pro-wrestler at the Guv once. he was dancing on the podium where the gogo dancers dance, with glowsticks and everything. he must have been fucked up on e or g.

skyparty

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Tearer
Then we saw 21 Grams and got sledgehammered in the head.

i wish this movie was out in sarnia damnit.

um, i thought it was cool that snoop dogg came to sarnia?
not that i ever cared to see him...
but that's big for this town.

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Tearer
I ran into Mark McKinney
who?

I also saw Moe Berg earlier on Yonge St. He looks exactly like he did in the video for I'm an adult now
Who?

Someone from the Pursuit of Happiness?

I see the designer guys and the trailer park boys at my work all the time.

Other than that, I saw Joshua Jackson on the patio of Hemmingways.

jus me

TRIBE Member
well not me...

but my sister works at The Bay, and she talked to one of the hosts from Lonely Planet - Ian....my favorite host! He rocks! On a sidenote, he bought boxers. :p

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
i saw susan sarandon (sp?) on queen street once, she looked horrible.

we were sitting in my car on queen st. once rolling a spliff and mike myers walked past us.. one of my friends yelled out "hey mike.. wanna smoke a spliff with us?", he just smiled and waved and kept walking.

skyparty

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by geminigirl
Man, I don't know who any of these people you guys are talking about.
see and i just nodded, because i didn't wanna feel like i was totally out of it- hey i don't watch t.v.! ?

plus i don't follow celebs real names half the time...

you know, that person that was in this movie, and that?
you know.... cmon you know the one...
or that guy! from that band!

haha

jus me

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry

we were sitting in my car on queen st. once rolling a spliff and mike myers walked past us.. one of my friends yelled out "hey mike.. wanna smoke a spliff with us?", he just smiled and waved and kept walking.
Hahaha! Awethome!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by skyparty
see and i just nodded, because i didn't wanna feel like i was totally out of it- hey i don't watch t.v.! ?

plus i don't follow celebs real names half the time...

you know, that person that was in this movie, and that?
you know.... cmon you know the one...
or that guy! from that band!

haha
Yup..that's me too. Couldn't care less.

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
chantal kreviazuk came into work once and i didn't recognize her face, but i was like "oh her voice sounds familiar" so i was like staring at her trying to figure out who she was. it didn't dawn on me until she left. she probably thought i was some rabid starstruck fan or something.

then i walked by nick warren on bloor street once.

wow. my life is so exciting.

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Tom Cochrane bought a pack of Vantage Lights in my store many many years ago.

Last summer I saw the guy from Van Wilder walking down my street. (they film lots of movies in my hood)

Moez

TRIBE Member
A few months back I saw Anthony Hopkins twice. One of those times he nearly came into my restaurant but then walked away.

I was also Sean Penn and Robin Wright-Penn's hostess.
mmmm the princess bride.

Walked passed Mena Suvari near my school. Not recently, however.

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
My celebrity sightings:

Mike Myers (he used to come into the pub where I worked. Embarassing but funny stories involved, talked to him a few times)

John Candy (before he passed away)

Eugeune Levy

and one of the guys from Sum41

woot woot.

~allie~

hysterical

TRIBE Member
Many years ago... i worked in a grocery store in Orangeville....and packed Don Cherrys Grocerys.....D
but then again, is he even a celebrity?

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
my uncle always meets celebrites..

rolling stones
aerosmith
james brown
shania twain
green day
screeching weazle
eric clearwater
bb king
david bowie
Oasis
Bon Jovi etc..

He is the president of this festival that happens every year in Kitchener called 'blues brews and BBQs' He got Mick Taylor to perform who used to play guitar for the stones in 1967-1974. Another act that played are nominated for a grammy this year. 14,000 ppl came last year.. there goal was 15 - 20,000.

he did standup comedy to audition for a movie and Dan Akroyd wanted to hire him for it, but something happened and i can't remember what..

blah the list goes on

he has a wall just covered in celebrity photos and autographs

Last edited: