• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

CC hates jews?

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
http://www.nbc5i.com/holidays/2699927/detail.html

DALLAS -- A holiday shopping flier that's been distributed to thousands of households in north Texas is creating controversy because a message of hate is included within an advertisement.

An ad for "Party City" was supposed to highlight a sale on Hanukkah items, but it also contained a hateful anti-Semitic message.

The advertisement includes the sentence "CC Hates the Jews" in large, bold letters.

FeedRoom

Holiday Ad Has Shocking Message

According to ADVO, the company that printed the advertisement, a graphic artist working on the ad had left his desk for a moment, and a co-worker with the initials C.C. changed the text on the ad.

The graphic artist didn't notice the change and the ad went to print.

However, despite the explanation, the Anti-Defamation League wants more questions answered.

"How did it get out of the graphic shop in Pittsburgh? How did it get by ADVO? How did it get by the printer and all of that?" Mark Briskman said.

ADVO representatives in Dallas said they are mortified by the oversight and that they are trying to figure out why the error was never caught.

whoops!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
LOLly Ringwald @ "a graphic artist working on the ad had left his desk for a moment..."

There is something called copy editing.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Isosceles_CAT
I don't see what the big deal is. So cc hates Jews. He has the right to his opinion.
German cannibal man wants to eat your penis, and I say let him... if in his opinion, your penis would taste good, who are we to stop him?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I think they're trying to protect people from being eaten without permission.

*cue penis on a plate with onions picture*

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Hey, the man is entitled to his opinions.

If in his opinion, your penis would be good with a little mango chutney, who are we to ask for sources?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr

"Don't vant no equilateral, nor right-angled triangle...no, no, I vant ze isosceles-cat penis.... mit ze mango chutney."

Straight from Reuters.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
I work at a design studio, and I assure you it is next to impossible for somebody to change a header like that, and have it be approved by the studio, the client, the print house etc etc.

that's just fucked, I'd be so livid if that were my studio.

beaker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by TaCk OnE?
I work at a design studio, and I assure you it is next to impossible for somebody to change a header like that, and have it be approved by the studio, the client, the print house etc etc.
yeah it seems pretty damn shifty to me.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
this story had me giggling uncontrolably when i first read it.

and the thread title made me think that you were talking about Shawn from Vital who used to post on tribe as CC. i was like "huh. he never gave me any flak!"

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit