• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

CBC The Lens - doc about seal hunting coming on at 10.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Poot

TRIBE Member
I caught the last half hour, and wish I'd spotted this in time to catch the whole show.

This documentary was a real eye-opener -- thanks for the heads-up Boss Hog.

It's too bad more opponents to the hunting didn't have a chance to view this, and better understand the other side of this story. These 'barbaric' sealers have a much greater understanding, appreciation and respect of the natural world than many of the opponents battling for the animal cause.

Last edited:

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Bumbaclat said:
I caught part of this, wish I'd had the chance to see the whole thing.
It's on again Saturday night!

I thought it was excellent. I would just hope more people would watch it, to make sense of this whole debate.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

derek

TRIBE Member
it was a balanced view. the best testimony were the spies ifaw had sent in to work on the sealing vessels, that later realized the seal hunters weren't monstrous, sociopathic murderers, and that the hunt is really no different from any other animal hunt / harvest.

what was shocking that i didn't know is the sealers a few years ago had attempted brokered an aggreement with ifaw (which some of it's members saw as appropriate) to work with and include the gov't (already happens) and ifaw to ensure the seal population didn't fall below dangerous threholds, and it was ifaw who refused the deal.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
I would really love to see this but unfortunately I'm in the US and don't have the ability to watch it. If someone could capture this and transfer it to me it would be really really appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff

new to t.o.

TRIBE Member
Boss Hog said:
I thought it was excellent. I would just hope more people would watch it, to make sense of this whole debate.
It was awesome. I also think reading "Death on the Ice" again is in order.