• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Cat's that don't like to use their Litterboxes

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
So, my cat has decided to piss on my floors, that's TWICE this week. I'm getting a little annoyed, I keep her litter box clean, I give her all the loving she needs, I give her treats that she loves. What else can a cat want? My floors are hardwood, so it's not a good thing when she does this, not that it's a good thing with any other floors, but at least the smell won't stick to ceramic flooring as much as wood. What the hell takes that kinda smell out?.....ARGH* :mad:
Anyhow, has anyone had this problem with their cat? What's a good solution? Adoption? Throw the little shit on the BBQ and invite some friends over Hannibal Lecter style? Seriously, I'm uber upset right now.

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by RJ45
Something's pissing her off.
But what, I also give her lovin. All my friends that come in love'er, she doesn't get abused or harrased by anyone. Fed, has water. House is clean. FUCK!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
What is your living situation like? How many people, how many pets? Cats sometimes pee on the floor when they don't have enough of their own space.

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Muad'ib
What is your living situation like? How many people, how many pets? Cats sometimes pee on the floor when they don't have enough of their own space.
I have a big'ol loft to myself, big windows, fresh air coming in.
No other pet's in the building even.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
whatever the reason your cat peed on the floor once.... they will now continue to do it until you use a pet odour remover product to remove their scent from that area of the floor.... my roomie had a prob where my cat peed under his desk once because she got scared as a kitten.. and he didn't clean it up properly.. ie. just used water, etc..... because of that the cat would pee there no prob

finally we got an liquid odour remover product and my cat has not done anything outside her litter box in like 2-3 months

you should be able to get the stuff at any pet store...

p.s. we have hardwood floors as well....... it gets in the cracks...

Brandon

TRIBE Member
My cat only does this when the litter boxes are in dire need of cleaning, so it's my fault, not his.

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MalGlo
whatever the reason your cat peed on the floor once.... they will now continue to do it until you use a pet odour remover product to remove their scent from that area of the floor.... my roomie had a prob where my cat peed under his desk once because she got scared as a kitten.. and he didn't clean it up properly.. ie. just used water, etc..... because of that the cat would pee there no prob

finally we got an liquid odour remover product and my cat has not done anything outside her litter box in like 2-3 months

you should be able to get the stuff at any pet store...

p.s. we have hardwood floors as well....... it gets in the cracks...
I'll have to look into that.
I've been using floor cleaner, and then wood cleaner right after.
But I still catch a wiff of it when I'm nearby.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
UTI = Urinary Tract Infection. If you haven't changed brands of litter lately, or pissed your cat off, and they start peeing all over the place out of the blue, it could be a medical condition.

Take her to the vet.

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by CLUSTER
I'll have to look into that.
I've been using floor cleaner, and then wood cleaner right after.
But I still catch a wiff of it when I'm nearby.

no those absolutely will not help

the only thing that will perfume the area and mask the scent sufficiently to stop the cat from confusing the area with one that is OK to pee/etc on.. is a proper pet odour product. Trusta-me :)

i tried both those things as well :) no worky

Alita

TRIBE Member
My cat hardly ever uses her litter box. She prefers to do it outside. Only when she is cooped up for long periods - like when it's raining or if it's very cold - she will use it.

chooch

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by jmaggs
UTI = Urinary Tract Infection. If you haven't changed brands of litter lately, or pissed your cat off, and they start peeing all over the place out of the blue, it could be a medical condition.

Take her to the vet.
this gets my vote.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
have you moved the litter box or anything like that? my moms cat would shit right beside the litter box if he thought it wasn't clean enough.... kind of like he was thinking hehehe take that.

-Shan

TRIBE Member
It could be a number of things, if it keeps up definetly take her to the vet because it will prob be a urinary tract infection. When my cat gets mad or the litter box needs to be cleaned she will go in the tub. Its kinda funny, easy to clean up too!!!!!

afterglow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by jmaggs

Take her to the vet.

strangebuttrue

TRIBE Member

the only thing that will perfume the area and mask the scent sufficiently to stop the cat from confusing the area with one that is OK to pee/etc on.. is a proper pet odour product. Trusta-me :)

try white vinegar sez the tv vet.

miguel

TRIBE Member

i had the same problem when my cat was a kitten.. used cat odour remover spray and it never happenned again.. trying other stuff i currently had did not work

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
I just bought the PetZyme stuff that gets rid of smell 100%
Stain and odor remover from PetSmart.

Hopefully this helps.... and I didn't test the product on my hardwood floors first...only let it sit in a small are afor like 20 minutes, instead of overnight to check for colorfastness.

*Crosses fingers