1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

cat travel from ottawa to TO

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Quirkz, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Quirkz

Quirkz TRIBE Member

I showed up at the bus terminal this morning only to be told I could not take my cat on the bus.. Turns out the train does not allow them either. Before I spend 230$ on a plane ticket (total, inc. cat fee) does anybody know of anything that may be easier or cheaper??

2. Jennika

Jennika TRIBE Member

rent a car?

3. finary

finary TRIBE Promoter

yeah, rent a car. honestly it'd only be for a day. probably even cheaper than the bus/train!

hopefully you're over 23
    hopefully you have a VISA that pays your insurance for you

look for deals, there are HUGE differences between rental costs per dealer.

4. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

Hell.. for 225$ I'll drive you and your cat there... and we can blast music the whole way.

5. PolishPrincess

PolishPrincess TRIBE Member

leave your cat and go?

6. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

Hide your cat in your bum?

7. Strap it to the top of the bus when the driver isn't looking?

8. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

they don't call 'em CATapults for nothin'

9. Silvershadow

Silvershadow TRIBE Member

How long will you be gone? If it's 3 days or less, I'd say rent a car.

Car rental at Hertz = $30 per day + $10-$20 insurance per day (optional)

Bus ticket = $60 each way.

10. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

Do you have one of those kitty carriers? Or are you just trying to bring your cat as-is?

[​IMG]

11. finary

finary TRIBE Promoter

what if the cat has to go to the bathroom?

thats a long trip.
    could be a long SMELLY trip. hehe.

12. Silvershadow

Silvershadow TRIBE Member

The crate is irrelevant. If you go to the Greyhound OR the Via Rail sites, it says no pets (Via allows pets on CERTAIN routes, but Ottawa/Toronto isn't one of them).

It DOES make sense, when you think about it... if I was allergic to cats, I wouldn't want to be stuck on a bus with a cat for 6 hours. Not to mention the bathroom issue.

Leaving your cat behind for a few days isn't the end of the world... I leave my cat alone for up to 4 days, and she's fine. I just leave a whole crapload of food for her and lots of water (in containers that she won't tip over... leaving 2 containers is best, in case one does get knocked over).