1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Cat sitter?

Discussion in 'Girl Stuff Forum' started by KillaLadY, May 20, 2009.

1. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

So I am a complete idiot, I am going out of town and forgot about my Sushi... I need to know if anyone here is interested in baby-sitting my cat... well, it's not even babysitting, it's checking up on him one hour a day for two/three days. He has automatic feeder and water fountain and he's the most lovable cat ever.

Subsequently, I also need to know if you girls know of any cat sitters in town that you recommend...
    Your help is greatly appreciated.

2. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

my mum is a catsitter, but thats no help to you cause i live here and you live there.
    I think she charges about 20 bones a day, if thats any help to anything.

3. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

lol... question is, can she come downtown TO?

4. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

that will cost ALOT more lol!
    like ALOT!!! its a 3 hr drive.
    he'll be alright for 3 days tho if he has automatic food, but i know some company is nice for him/her/it.
    but you might be able to find a nice little old retired lady like my mum to do it, you need to ask some old people. like at the library, or signs in the grocery store maybe. ask old people on the street walking their dogs if they know of dog/cat sitters.

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  5. lucky1

lucky1 TRIBE Member

I will leave my cat for a long weekend (go out of town after work Friday, then come back Monday afternoon) and he is generally fine. May be a bit clingy when you get back but not really any issues. Leave a lot of water, like several different bowls incase one spills, or gets soiled like kibble gets in it or something. Clean the litter before you go so it is clean.

6. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

I have an automatic everything, pretty much (litter box, water fountain, feeder)... I just feel bad because I love him so much and I just hope he gets some attention.

I know, I know, I spoil him.

Would Sat-Tuesday night be too long for him?

7. nikki.classics

nikki.classics TRIBE Member

what area of the city do you live in? if you're anywhere near me (greek town) i would LOVE to come look after your cat!

8. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

I am downtown (Yonge/College)... soooo a little far. :(

9. penelope

penelope TRIBE Member

We're just around the corner from you and can do it if you want. As long as he won't mind a toddler, she goes where I go!

10. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

Oh, not at all... he's friendly and sweet and all he cares about is to have his belly rubbed and run after his laser.

I will let you know by tomorrow afternoon... is that okay? Just hoping that one of my friends can do it, but she hasn't gotten back to me.

Thank you so much. :)