• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Cat question.

afterglow

TRIBE Member
I know there was a thread about this awhile ago, but I can't find it.

My cat, Gremlin, is having a horrible time right now with his eyes. The are so swollen that he can't open them. he vet gave him eye drops and antibiotics and he also gave him a shot of something or other.

Now the question.

Grem unfortunately had an accident under my bed about an hour ago. I have hardwood floors. I cleaned it up with lysol, and it still smells.

What can I use to help get rid of the smell?

And as anoher question, has anyone's cat ever experienced this? His eyes are so swollen that the fur on his lower lids are geting into his eyes making it worse.

What a terrible night.

Torso

TRIBE Member
one pint H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide)
one tablespoon Baking Soda...
If you want bubbles, 1 tsp. dish soap...not necessary.
Mix and use right away.

I'm procrastinating so badly I even googled this for you.
:)

afterglow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Torso
one pint H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide)
one tablespoon Baking Soda...
If you want bubbles, 1 tsp. dish soap...not necessary.
Mix and use right away.

I'm procrastinating so badly I even googled this for you.
:)

Where can I get hydrogen peroxide?

I dont think I can get it right now.

afterglow

TRIBE Member
He is a lot worse than he was earlier today at the vet.

I'm really worried. He is just laying there. He won't get up. If I pet him, he purrs, but that's about it.

My family says to wait fro his medication to work, but I don't know. The meds are only for his eyes.. but he is acting so.... weird.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Torso

TRIBE Member
I think baking soda is usually good for soaking up any odor, so if you have any, sprinkle that on. A corner store that carries some first-aid basics should have H2O2.

afterglow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Torso
I think baking soda is usually good for soaking up any odor, so if you have any, sprinkle that on. A corner store that carries some first-aid basics should have H2O2.
As I live in North York... there aren't really any corner stores. I don't even know if we have baking soda.

This sucks.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by afterglow
He is a lot worse than he was earlier today at the vet.

I'm really worried. He is just laying there. He won't get up. If I pet him, he purrs, but that's about it.

My family says to wait fro his medication to work, but I don't know. The meds are only for his eyes.. but he is acting so.... weird.

if you realy worried, and you dont know what to do, there is a 24 vet clinic that i took one of my cats too. its right by rosedale TTC station. well not right beside, close too.

the Vet that took care of my kittin, IMO, is one of the best in toroto.

he figured out what was wrong, and how to fix w/o surgery, and she had a digestive track issue, stomach etc.

if it gets to the point where your not sure

there is that place.

-glycht

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I use Dettol with my many kitties. It's an antiseptic cleaner. It works to get nasty smells out like cat pee and such. A vet recommended it to me. It is the only thing that I have tried that really works.

Good luck.:)

afterglow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by glych t.anomaly
if you realy worried, and you dont know what to do, there is a 24 vet clinic that i took one of my cats too. its right by rosedale TTC station. well not right beside, close too.

That's where we took Princess when her brain was inflammed.

afterglow

TRIBE Member
The only thing I have handy right now is vinegar.

I'm going ot use that until tomorrow when it will be easier for me to get to a store.

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
If you have some baking soda to spread over the stain that will help with the smell. Does he have pink eye? I feel bad for the little(big) guy.:(

Give the meds time to work, the sickness is most likely sapping his energy, and he probably hasn't eaten as much as he normally does. Just give him love and make sure he can breathe okay.

Last edited:

afterglow

TRIBE Member
I just sat with him and brought him his food dish.

He ate a bit.

The drop I have for him now are called Gentocin.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
look in your fridge glow, a lot of times people forget theremight be a box of baking soda in it...

afterglow

TRIBE Member
None there.

It's okay. The smell isn't that bad right now.

I need to sleep.. this day has been exhausting...

Hopefully he won't leave another mess before morning.

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
If what Jay P just said is a cream, yes, Get it.

Remember Willow Candace? She gets eye infections all the time, and we use this cream and it clears right up. You gently smear it over the eyes, and it works wonders

afterglow

TRIBE Member
His eyes are worse today.
The are both completely swollen.
The lower lids fold right over into his eyes :/
I'm going to try to wait until tomorrow before he sees the vet again.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
For cat pee I use this stuff called 'Enviro Fresh's Get the Odor Out'. It's awesome. Don't use lysol! The cat may just pee there again and it won't work.

This stuff is like $10 at Village Pet Foods at Church and Wellesley and it lasts a long time.

I hope your cat's better soon. It's so upsetting when they're not feeling well.

afterglow

TRIBE Member
I think I'm going to call the vet hospital tonight.

He walks around with his eyes closed.. if he even tries to walk around.