1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Cash Cab

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Jeffsus, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

Why is the person who sits in the passenger seat always like, the main person? Is this some kind of rule??

2. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

3. agroberts

agroberts New Member

I don't think I've ever seen anyone sit in the passenger seat on that show.
  4. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

i've only seen someone in the front passenger seat when the back is full.
    i've also seen a back seat person give the answer.
    the things i've seen...
  5. Kinger

Kinger TRIBE Member

There is a camera guy in the passenger seat. I rode my motorcycle beside the cash cab for a few km along Yonge St. one time trying to get on tv. I haven't seen myself yet.
  6. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

There's a camera guy in the passenger seat? How can the contestants not know something's up when they first get in the cab? Does the camera guy come in after?
  7. unique2100

unique2100 TRIBE Promoter

In Soviet Russia all the seats in the back are passenger seats. Also I don't get how you're not allowed to use a cell phone while driving, but you can host a game show? Wtf, who'd he blow to get that clearance?
  8. unique2100

unique2100 TRIBE Promoter

I thought it was just mounted cams.
  9. ScottBentley

ScottBentley TRIBE Member

i like watching cash cab. it makes me feel smrt.
  10. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

I like the disco lighting on the cab's ceiling!
  11. agentRC4

agentRC4 TRIBE Member

hate to break it to everyone but the show is scripted. Actors and all.

They were parked in front of my house one night before shooting and reading their scipts. I sat on my patio and proceeded to BOO them for being fake. The main guy (driver) was laughing and shrugging his shoulders.
  12. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

i doubt the questions are scripted.
  13. agentRC4

agentRC4 TRIBE Member

yep. its all scripted.
  14. Kinger

Kinger TRIBE Member

Someone should make a movie about that.
  15. Ho||yw0oD

Ho||yw0oD TRIBE Member

Sorry but that's semi-bullshit. I'm sure that the host is scripted to some degree... but the participants surely are not. My buddy was on Cash Cab in 2008. Won himself a smooth $500.
  16. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

from the guy who drives it here in Toronto...
    “I have so much fun making the Cash Cab – it’s almost like summer camp coming to an end. Its bittersweet – it’s a lot of work, a lot of nights out, but it’s so much fun. You never know who you’ll get, how much money they’ll get or if they’ll strike out. When people win 500 bucks, it’s like they’ve won a million bucks – they’re ballistic!”
    The Cash Cab is only for show - The Globe and Mail
    LIAR ?
  17. agentRC4

agentRC4 TRIBE Member

Well I can only speak to what I saw and heard.

They were all on the side walk in front of my house reading their scripts and going over the questions/answers and reactions. It was about 10pm at night.

I started booing them and said I can't believe its all scripted and I've been lied to and the main guy just smiled and shrugged his shoulders.
  18. agentRC4

agentRC4 TRIBE Member

yeah cause if they came out and said it was fake/scripted would make for good T.V?
  19. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

I, for one, won't be able to sleep until we get to the bottom of this.
  20. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

I can totally see the show's host and producers discussing the questions, etc before a 'shoot'. Keep in mind that before anyone participates in these things they have to sign a release, etc etc... so in that sense, it's only 'reality-based' - it's not spur-of-the-moment. I can see the game shoot going down like this: The cab is trolling around Dundas Square or Yorkville or wherever, and they have producers on the sidewalk looking for telegenic contestants - once they find a couple, they ask them, 'would you like to participate in our game show, Cash Cab? Sign here...' ... once that's out of the way then the cab rolls up and the people get in (probably having been asked to act surprised to make it more entertaining) - from there out it's a legit game show.
  21. Liability

Liability TRIBE Member

Not quite. We have friends who were picked up by the cab a couple of months ago. The show will be airing within a few weeks.

The were randomly picked up downtown. Once in the cab, they agreed to play and answered the questions as best they could. Legal sign off was performed once the were finished.
  22. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

The contestants are not scripted. My friend was on it. Still waiting for them to put it up on their website. He won like 6 bills
  23. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

you lose.
  24. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

25. Kinger

Kinger TRIBE Member

It appears agentRC4 is the bottom in this thread.