• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Carl Craig

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by why not
you're probably thinking of larry heard.
carl craig played there as well... i'm sure of it. i was gonna go, but my car got hit by some punk that night.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Humanjava
BTW TodD you know I am just teasing you.

:)
There's two DEEZ in my name bro, just like I got two of DEEZ NUTZ for ya! :p Yeah I know yer kidding, wouldn't be any fun if yu were serious and all.

Last time Carl was here was at Roxy I believe, that was a few years back and I'm outta the loop most of the time so he coulda slipped in there somewhere.

odbx

The Kid

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Bernnie Federko
i got the flyer somewhere. prob' 97ish... hmmmmmmm... i remember the ceiling sweating, and towards the morning the curtains beginning to fall down. It WAS tight.
I helped set up at that one but don't ask me dates... that was back in the "glass days" so my memory is a little foggy.

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Humanjava
Like we don't know this flute boy.

:mad:

HAHA!

Now look at them yo-yo’s that’s the way you do it
You play the FLUTE on the mtv
That ain’t workin’ that’s the way you do it
Money for nothin’ and chicks for free
Now that ain’t workin’ that’s the way you do it
Lemme tell ya them guys ain’t dumb
Maybe get a blister on your little finger
Maybe get a blister on your thumb

We gotta install microwave ovens
Custom kitchen deliveries
We gotta move these refrigerators
We gotta move these colour tv’s

See the little faggot with the earring and the makeup
Yeah buddy that’s his own hair
That little faggot got his own jet airplane
That little faggot he’s a millionaire

We gotta install microwave ovesns
Custom kitchens deliveries
We gotta move these colour tv’s

I shoulda learned to play the FLUTE
I shoulda learned to play them drums
Look at that mama, she got it stickin’ in the camera
Man we could have some fun
And he’s up there, what’s that? hawaiian noises?
Bangin’ on the bongoes like a chimpanzee
Get your money for nothin’ get your chicks for free

We gotta install microwave ovens
Custom kitchen deliveries
We gotta move these colour tv’s, lord

Now that ain’t workin’ that’s the way you do it
You play the FLUTE] on the mtv
Money for nothin’ and your chicks for free
Money for nothin’ and chicks for free

grit

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by derek
i think he did. with recloose if i'm not mistaken.
Recloose is one of the most underground muthas in dance music right now. He plays the pure quality. innovative, raw, deep, jazz, tech/house bizness.

Specifically throws his afterhours at the demf in the most dangerous part of detroit, every year.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
I think tekkid is obsessed with me and my flute.........................oh man does that sound wrong.....

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
I sit really a matter of complimenting though? Personally, I don't want to go to a jam to see 3 DJs all spin the same shit. Plus, the event needs to appeal to a wider audience than just those who dig the Detroit flava of CC. It's about converting, not continuing....

beta tester

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by grit

Specifically throws his afterhours at the demf in the most dangerous part of detroit, every year. [/B]
lol.......and what part of the city would that be? If someone told you this, than you've been misinformed (not your fault).

If you say this from actually attending said events, than trust me - those neighbourhoods are nowhere near the most dangerous in Detroit.

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Wiseman
I think tekkid is obsessed with me and my flute.........................oh man does that sound wrong.....

actually i just like to jesture the fact how fucking annoying it is when i see this or have to watch or witness anyone obtruding good sounds from a dj. I careless what genre, leave the flute at home or grade 6. We all did it. I envy you pal... im obsessed only cause you have rocker hair and you carry a flute too toronto nightclubs at peak. you nailed it!

don't forget i also obsess about the way you wear your sunglasses/goggles at night in the club while you BLOW on you're flute. flute boy.

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tEkKiD
actually i just like to jesture the fact how fucking annoying it is when i see this or have to watch or witness anyone obtruding good sounds from a dj.
Not fair to compare the genres, Dug. A flute would sound stupid over techno, for the most part. But the night was a deep house night. It's not uncommon to have a live musical accompaniment to a live DJ. In fact, there are series of events all over the city that specialize in that kind of act. The flute, as odd as it may seem to people outside the scene, is actually one of the more popular instrumental accompaniments to deep house music. Gives the track some new flavour, much like when you layer three tech trax. Deep house isn't repetitive enough to be able to do that, so you have to find other ways to improve on the original track. Roxy Blu, though I'm not a fan of the venue itself, usually has a live instrumental to go with their DJs, whether it's one of their Voices nights where they have the live singers, or if it's a regular jam and they have the bongo crew bang'n it out in the lounge. There's also a couple of realy good house-jazz fusion events in the city.

Don't hate unless you've checked it out, bro.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tEkKiD
actually i just like to jesture the fact how fucking annoying it is when i see this or have to watch or witness anyone obtruding good sounds from a dj. I careless what genre, leave the flute at home or grade 6. We all did it. I envy you pal... im obsessed only cause you have rocker hair and you carry a flute too toronto nightclubs at peak. you nailed it!

don't forget i also obsess about the way you wear your sunglasses/goggles at night in the club while you BLOW on you're flute. flute boy.
[/IMG]

seriously man don't diss my playing until you've heard me. I have to agree with you I hate it when a live musician is playing with a dj and they completely cover up what the dj is doing. Fucking annoying. Especially when they don't even listen to what they are playing for and end up playing out of tune in a different key.

I make sure what I am playing complements the music and adds to it in some way. I have been playing for quite a long time now and I use my experience to grab melodies and themes in the music and incorporate it into what I am playing. Maybe echo a melody or harmonize with it.

I am a dj too and believe me I have no interest in wanking all over someone's set.

Originally posted by Rude1_247
A flute would sound stupid over techno
I don't know man I can play some pretty aggresive flute that I think would work well with techno.