• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

car rental info...

funky_citrus

TRIBE Member
Im looking to rent a car for a weekend, and there are two things that im interested in. One, is a place that rents out cars to those under 25, and two, a place that rents out cars with manual transmissions. Anyone know where? Any thoughts????

~Leslie~

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
under 25 is not a problem, they will simply charge you a few more dollars...

but you won't find anything but an automatic to rent, anywhere in the city....unless you're looking to rent a tractor trailer :D

thom100

TRIBE Member
when I was under 25 I would go to Hurtz, no extra charge. And I dont think you can rent a standard, only Auto.

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
If this at all an option, rent on a credit card that has rental insurance as part of the perks. Otherwise you will have to pay for insurance and that will cost you.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

fightingskurvy

TRIBE Member
in the summer, before i turned 25 i went to avis and i rened a car at no extra charge for being under 25. they did ask me where i worked tho and that had something to do w/ it. I also found that they had one of teh better rates. (just one fee rather than an extra fee for additonal km's- we were going to mtl). I think that renting a standard would be difficult, unless you are out to rent a high-end car.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Most places will rent under 25 if you have CAA and a credit card. They both have to be in the same name as the license holder/renter.

Bumbaclat

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by thom100
when I was under 25 I would go to Hurtz, no extra charge. And I dont think you can rent a standard, only Auto.
Hertz on Yonge St. will rent you a 911 that is standard. ;) $250/day though, I think.

Cheers ... Ian :)

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
almost anyplace will rent you a car if you're under 25... however, most will not rent you an SUV or a luxury car if you're under 25.

swenard

TRIBE Member
Most places don't rent a manual transmission. Most people just use them to learn on.

If you want a manual you can probably find one at rent-a-wreck. They have older cars and more variety as well.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders