• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Car insurance vehicle pics

Visual1

TRIBE Member
I am trying to up my car insurance coverage as I have just moved into a condo with a underground parking wth multiple break ins. my problem is to add comprehansive coverage i need to add collison, and i need to go get pics takin of my car. My car is souped up, and I am nervous about them cancelling my coverage all together. I work for a bank and get 50% of car insuarnce so this cannot happen.

has anyone had insurance photos taken before they got coverage? what kind of pics do they take? how detailed are these photo inspections?

any feedback would be great.

cheers

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Visual1

TRIBE Member
2003 mitsubishi lancer. Body kit, lowered rims, leather, and suede interior, full audio setup. I have avioded engine mods for this very reason.

DoubleDown

TRIBE Member
Visual1 said:
2003 mitsubishi lancer. Body kit, lowered rims, leather, and suede interior, full audio setup.

Who cares!!!.. they only care about the power or previous damage! They are not going to cancel cuz you jazzed up the apperance... and every highschool kid I went to school with had a system... big deal!...

Visual1 said:
I have avioded engine mods for this very reason.

This is what they care about... and you didn't do it.... so who cares. 270 horse with a body kit and rims is no big deal these days to insurance co's...

You're fine dude.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
they won't cancel your policy. if anything they'll get you a different one.

esthetic mods are nothing for insurance companies.

if you want your shit covered though, keep your receipts.

p.s/ to answer your question, they want to know the general condition of your car. you probably mentioned something to them that your car is a higher risk vehicle (i.e. mods attract attention) so they just wanna make sure you have what you say you have. A general, left, right, front, rear, interior and engine shot will suffice.

if you're worried that you won't be given market value for your car (i.e. full worth), get it appraised and insured at that appraisal amount.

Last edited:

kyfe

TRIBE Member
depends on the insurer, so may cancel you but if the car looks close to stock aside from say a custom exhaust and rims you should be alright.

I've had the cancel people for not disclosing mods but they had engine as well, there may be a limit on your audio set-up of usually $1500, but from the sounds of it you should be alright.

engine mods are what they look for, but if the car looks riced out you will run into problems, just let htem know the add-ons were done by the dealer at time of purchase;)

Visual1

TRIBE Member
thanks guys, my car is not riced out at all. it was tastefully done. i took of my rims, and put back on the stock tires, and raised the coil overs so it does not look lowered anymore. the body kit is mild,and looks very stock. not an obscene fibreglass darth vader helmet on the front of the car.

it actullay looks like this, except in a stock grey colour.

http://www.kaminari.com/products/02Lancer.htm#big_picture

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders