• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Car Accidents, how many, what happend?

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
The morbid scar thread has sparked my interest for this...

So have you been in a car accident how many?

I have been in a ton - 7 were on my driving record and i lost track at 10 - i use to say i had bad Kar-ma hehe

Just a few...

In NYC when i was 14 at a modeling convention no parental supervision last night there after being rejected at the Limelight i got into a car with two guys i did not know yes dumb - and i am pretty sure dudes were drunk 2 blocks into thr drive i was like drop me off!! the guy driving turned to talk to me and went though a red light hitting another guy - dude went thourhg windshild i got bounced around broke ribs - knocked out got up fled scene --

Driving hom from Key West - car is not running right, pull over look under hood i see flames - yell out everyone to get out of car and run 5 mins later car bursts into flames and devours it - Its florida so no one is stopping just gawking - then like out of a movie p/u truck pulls over and they tell us to get in the back with the dog.
Later on we go back with the Sherif and there is nothing left of the car and we had lost everything - this was way before 9/11 Air Canada felt so bad for us they flew us home for free and asked no questions when we crossed the border.

Driving on back country roads it's a snow storm - i slide on ice spin out of control, hit a pole, end up in a big country ditch with car flipped upside down and starts to fill with water - i am the only one in the car - lucky for me there was someone looking out there window and saw it happen - paramedics pull me out of car - i am pretty much unharmed.

Uncle is driving we are on the 400 in a tracker slip on ice and summer salt through a few lanes windshield breaks he covers my face and i walked away unharmed.

Boom Boom Room '93 all wacked out on meth - cant find my keys, bugged eyes we all give up walk back to my van, the keys are in the ignition. locked in the van... look down tire is popped...
I call CAA, i meet them on Queen street i am so cracked out i forget where i am parked, they start to think i am a homless kid and tell me they are going to drop me off if i dont come up with the vehical fast - i remeber phew... things get fixed....
Crusing along on the 401 the breaks give out we find an on ramp and other tire pops and we end up on side of road calling CAA again....
That same day, as i was driving to p/u my posse a black cat ran out in front of my van

Well there is just a few...

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
First accident...

I was driving over the 401 on Guelph Line heding north when my radar dedector went off. As I was scurrying to hide the thing I looked up and WHAM right into the rear end of a car making an illegal left, cops were there in under 10 seconds (who'd have fucking guessed).

Second I was driving a YSR50 (tiny street legal motorbike) when I lost it on Twist Road and went under a gurad rail at around 80kmph.

Third I was a passenger in a car going from the 401 collectors east bound to Bayview south bound. The cars breaks failed (evidently) and we lost control going all over the place before flipping and destroying the car.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
caz said:
one word hun

WALK
Yes it has been a long time since i have had an accident - but i dont like to drive, i am actaully quite traumatized and am a nervous wreck in cars - driving and passenger, usually causing the driver to be a a nervous wreck as well as i am constantly grabbing on to something, expecting we will crash.

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
I've come close, but no have never been in an accident while I've had my driver's.

got in one when I was young and didn't have my driver's. following a friend, he goes over in the other lane (wrong flow of traffic). I think he wants me to pass so I accelerate.

as I accelerate he cuts right in front of me cause I guess he was taking a super wide right turn...like really wide.

so yeah, he cut in front of me and I t-boned his ass.

I've came close a couple times due to my own inattentiveness, I must admit (only in the winter car). Usually in stop and go traffic. sometimes I'll shoulder check right quick only to find someone stopped right in front of me. I've been able to either veer out of the way or stop in time fortunately.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
only been in one bad accident.

I was waiting at at a red light at an intersection.. light turns green.. i start to proceed and out of no where this Saturn takes me out on the drivers side. They said he was going about 80kms an hour. All i remember is glass flying by face and then turning to the see this dude getting out of his mangled car with blood all over his face... i tried to pull myself out and couldn't.. next thing i remember i was in the back of an ambulance with my little brother who just happened to be walking a while the fire department was cutting me out of the car. my injuries ended up not being that bad... no permanant damage, but i had a really bad headache for 2 weeks thanks to my concusion and i had some back and neck problems for a few months. but on the upside i got an insurance settlement, was off work for 5 months paid and got a nice rental car for about 8 months :p

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
no accidents.

I use an offensive style 'get the fuck out of the way' method that seems to work better than the 'defensive; wait for stupid person to hit me as I brake cautiously' one that young drivers tried to shove up my ass.

so far, so good. 12 years.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Nothing major - on the day my first boyfriend had just bought his first car, we got rear ended. One the day my mother and I were moving, we got sideswiped but nothing serious. In highschool, my mother got sideswiped making a left off a highway ramp and that was pretty bad, and my aunt once totalled her car (same sort of accident). I've been lucky I haven't been injured and neither has anyone close to me.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
watching the news channel this morning and they are listing off accidents that happened over last night I could help thinking: I hope Sara's ok.

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
one month after buying my first car i was t-boned on the driver's side at Yonge and Lakeshore by hit and run van that then took off. i pulled over on the other side of Lakeshore and tried to get out, but the door was jammed. i climbed out the passenger side and hobbled down to the Toronto Star building to call the police. i guess i had jammed the brake pedal so hard when i saw him coming out of the corner of my eye and the last millisecond that i had seriously messed up my right ankle.

a cop showed up and almost gleefully told me the damage was about three grand (which would be coming out of my pocket because i couldn't take the extra $150 or so monthly insurance premium on top of the $250)

Then out of nowhere a cab drove up. the cabbie had seen what happened and chased the van to get his plate number, which he gave to the cop. buddy was then charged with everything short of DWI, as he wasn't actually driving when they picked him up.

i couldn't believe it.

thank you cabbie, for saving a scared 21 year old.

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Thumpr said:
one month after buying my first car i was t-boned on the driver's side at Yonge and Lakeshore by hit and run van that then took off. i pulled over on the other side of Lakeshore and tried to get out, but the door was jammed. i climbed out the passenger side and hobbled down to the Toronto Star building to call the police. i guess i had jammed the brake pedal so hard when i saw him coming out of the corner of my eye and the last millisecond that i had seriously messed up my right ankle.

a cop showed up and almost gleefully told me the damage was about three grand (which would be coming out of my pocket because i couldn't take the extra $150 or so monthly insurance premium on top of the $250)

Then out of nowhere a cab drove up. the cabbie had seen what happened and chased the van to get his plate number, which he gave to the cop. buddy was then charged with everything short of DWI, as he wasn't actually driving when they picked him up.

i couldn't believe it.

thank you cabbie, for saving a scared 21 year old.
what is a DWI?