• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Capturing The Friedmans

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
What a fucking annoying family,good god.ten minutes of them arguing in their ultra-annoying voices i wanted to shoot myself....

and im glad that filthy fucking pedo arnold rotted to death in jail,disgusting pervert.

alot of people have claimed to,after seeing the movie,not knowing what to believe.well,i believe arnold is a pedophile and i don't believe anyhting a pedohile has to say,they are not even human and he should of been gang raped by a group of well-hung black linebackers.as for jesse,too bad,you got railroaded and your dads a perv,bad hand for you.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
Too many liars to know what was going on at times.

Arnold was a liar; Jesse was a liar; the 'victim' on the couch was a liar, the cops lied.

Bizarre story.

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Interesting

Just watched it a couple of nights ago.

My opinion is that Arnold and Jesse were guilty of molesting children, even though the number of offenses was probably blown out of proportion and even though the police/prosecutors were not entirely scrupulous in their behaviour.

Witnesses lied and the methods of gathering evidence were questionable. However, I would have a real problem accepting the idea that justice was not served in this case.

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
How can you be a linebacker in jail? I thought the only positions were "tight end" and "wide receiver."

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
It actually angers me because of the adjective "black", since the racist implication is that being gang raped is worse if the perpetrators are black.

Lainey

TRIBE Member
I kept changing my mind throughout the whole movie about their innocence, children are known to be easily guided into answers when questioned by police so that made me wonder.. but I think they were guilty after all.

Was anyone else disturbed by the brother working as a professional clown? That was one fucked-up family, no question.

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
Alright I saw the last hour and twenty minutes of this last night.

Does Seth (the middle brother) ever get interviewed? Or was he not involved in the project at all?

Also, I find it odd that David works as a Clown now, entertaining children. Almost trying to make it up to kids in a way, what his family is alleged to have done.

Last edited:

zoo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
It actually angers me because of the adjective "black", since the racist implication is that being gang raped is worse if the perpetrators are black.

a black rapist is worse than a white rapist

everybody knows that

ginsu

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Gizmo

Does Seth (the middle brother) ever get interviewed? Or was he not involved in the project at all?

If i remember correctly, the film states Seth declined to participate at all for the film.

"Just a Clown" came out too this year, the actual doc Jarecki was aiming to make in the 1st place, about David.

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Gizmo

I was at a screening the director attended, and he answered questions...Seth didn't want to be involved.

fightingskurvy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lainey
I kept changing my mind throughout the whole movie about their innocence, children are known to be easily guided into answers when questioned by police so that made me wonder.. but I think they were guilty after all.

Was anyone else disturbed by the brother working as a professional clown? That was one fucked-up family, no question.

that sums up my experience of watching this movie. I felt horrible for the mother and the way her children treated her and I really liked the brother of arnold- he was so calm, patient and reasoable compared to everyone else.

Adam

TRIBE Member
I watched this for the second time last night. I really don't know who to believe. There's no doubt that Arnold was a pedophile, but it's virtually impossible to know for sure if those kids were abused. So many question marks and unreliable stories.

Like Ryan said, I think at one point, I became convinced everyone in the movie was lying.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i watched this several months ago, and it has stuck with me.

to be honest, for me, the creepiest character was the computer class student who was lying on the couch, lying through his teeth.
he really incensed me.

the whole thing was really disturbing to watch. and i agree that becoming a clown after all of that is just bizarre. wouldn't the documentary totally kill his career?

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
to be honest, for me, the creepiest character was the computer class student who was lying on the couch, lying through his teeth.
he really incensed me.

Ya, that dude was super creepy. He kept detailing all these rediculous events that you just knew didn't happen. Like the little game of leapfrog that he was yammering about. How does that work again, fatso? Ya, whatever.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
yeah, he was basically saying that the friedmans trombonered every kid in class, yet there was no sign of distress or injury, on any of the kids, ever.

WHATEVER!