• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

"can't Get You Outta My Head"

Suke

TRIBE Member
Fin-ally Suke has come BACK ... to the house room.

What do you guys think of Kylie Minogues bassline for this track? I "mos def" feel it. What I am saying is take out the vocals and just have the instrumental, maybe even speed it up a bit and you have a WicKed west coast house track. Agree? Disagree?

Ear To The Ground. Foot On The Floor. ========================> Suke.

The Truth

TRIBE Member
Which version are you refering too?

There has been a re-release of "Can't get you out of my head" which uses the bassline of New Order's "Blue Monday" which originally came out in 1982. That's probably the version you heard.

poker face

TRIBE Member
Suke this is so last month! :D

It is a good song using a classic house sound put to a modernday format.

The new song is horrible though!

Suke

TRIBE Member
Truth ... I 'm just talking about the one that is getting the radio play. Cut the vocals, speed it up ... GAME OVER!!!

Poker Face ... I know its not a new track and maybe TRIBE already discussed this but I haven't been keeping tabs. Word!

Four To The Floor Like Resevoir DAWGS ======================> Suke.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

poker face

TRIBE Member
lol, I know where you are coming from!

But actually I really like the vocals in it.

Maybe there is a way of speeding it up without making kylie sound like a chipmunk!

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by poker face
lol, I know where you are coming from!

But actually I really like the vocals in it.

Maybe there is a way of speeding it up without making kylie sound like a chipmunk!
with a cd turntable you can do that - you turn up the 'master tempo' and the tempo changes, but the pitch doesn't

derek

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Truth
Which version are you refering too?

There has been a re-release of "Can't get you out of my head" which uses the bassline of New Order's "Blue Monday" which originally came out in 1982. That's probably the version you heard.
that is sacralicous...I could thing thind of one million ways to better use that baseline.

True story...New Order actually looped that baseline through drum machines because they were too lazy to do encores and wanted to hit the bar as quickly as possible. They weren't actually interested in the electronics (at first anyway) because it was cutting edge, but 'cause they wanted to get drunk.

And blue monday is the number 1 selling 12" of all time....

Tommy which cd player are you talking about...that's cool; I didn't realize they had functions that could change tempo w/o changing pitch. Is it some sort of timestreching technology?

Peace,

Derek

G-FrEsH

TRIBE Promoter
Get her to re-make the song. Get her to sing alot deeper.
sothat when you speed everything else up then her voice is exactly the same.
Ihave no idea if that makes sence....ahhahahaaA.

DAve....

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders