• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Cannabis Cooking

echootje

TRIBE Member
So I tried my first Cannabis recipe the other day and can't say too many good things about it.

I made Berry Muffins from a potbutter extraction and I thought they'd be 'softer' considering the amount of active ingredient I used and the fact that it was mostly stems saved from numerous (numerous) purchases.

The end result tasted like blueberry/pesto muffins because the potbutter retained the taste in the end, but they were enjoyable, and wholly edible. 2.5 muffins kept me going for about 8 hours with few head games, a strong body buzz and the desire to have many more muffins.

Next time I'll stick to eating one. The greatest thing is, there's butter left over!

Anybody else happy with their newfound culinary niche?

Rob

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

bambam

TRIBE Member
are you going to post the recipe?? or would that be bad?
Id love to try this...usually I get girls to do it for me, but it would be good to know

lok

TRIBE Member
I find its much easier to just grind out bud on a low speed coffee grinder, then scrape out of the powder and bud and use them to make the butter.

add garlic, cheese, and spread on toast.

tastes great, super fast,and effective.

echootje

TRIBE Member
The butter extraction was so simple, get some butter, get lots of leftover weed, stems, leaves, put in pot together, heat up butter fry stems, pour into cheesecloth over a container, squeeze the liquid butter into container and make sure you get all of it. Dscard the crap and you have your butter.

The recipe in the book says to use 1/8 to 1/4 greens per 1/2 pound of butter, I think you'd be able to get away with less than that.

The recipe book (Gourmet Cannabis Cookery: The High Art of Marijuana Cuisine, Dan D Lyon) suggests heating the butter in a casserole pot with water and the stems, it's a better idea because THC is fat soluble and you need the heat to work it but the butter turns funny when it's been fry-heated and then recooled.

Then you cook with your butter.

Rob

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Cri

TRIBE Member
Last weekend I decided I did not like the body buzz..I felt like my head was going to explode...

weed always makes me feel good..and this sure didn't :(

no more cannabis cooking for me.

gubydal

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by echootje

I made Berry Muffins from a potbutter extraction and I thought they'd be 'softer' considering the amount of active ingredient I used and the fact that it was mostly stems saved from numerous (numerous) purchases.

Rob

I've been saving my stems for a little while now... how much did you have before you cooked it and how much butter did you use? I'm happy to hear that they were stronger than you thought.... mmmmmmmm.... pot butter and toast.... yummmmm.... I can almost taste it now.....

Shawna

IgStar

TRIBE Member
I don't know, but my bf has perfected the art of cooking with Pot Butter.

He should start his own company.

echootje

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Cannabis Cooking

Originally posted by gubydal
I've been saving my stems for a little while now... how much did you have before you cooked it and how much butter did you use? I'm happy to hear that they were stronger than you thought.... mmmmmmmm.... pot butter and toast.... yummmmm.... I can almost taste it now.....

Shawna

I think I used the stems/leftovers from at least 1 oz of cleaned bud, I should have weighed it. I also added 2 dimes of dried up stuff that I never ended up using in time. I thought, given that THC degrades fairly quickly, that the amount used wouldn't result in strong butter (3/4 cup of butter) but I was wrong and I've still got a 1/4 cup left.

You can also do a cooking oil preparation (olive, or vegetable), or use alcohol to extract the THC, do a search on the web (erowid.org) and you're guaranteed to find a decent tutorial, pot-vodka burns the tongue but lookout for that buzz :)

Note, you should be storing your leftovers in the freezer sealed tight away from moisture, heat, air, and light.

Rob

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
how many times do I have to tell you ROOKIES!

if you're ever gonna bake with dope, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use peanut butter. it totally masks the nasty taste.

echootje

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by the_fornicator
how many times do I have to tell you ROOKIES!

if you're ever gonna bake with dope, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use peanut butter. it totally masks the nasty taste.

I'd say the rookie is the one who doesn't like the taste. :p

Rob