1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Candle Wax on the carpet

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by *Biggs*, Oct 17, 2005.

1. *Biggs*

*Biggs* TRIBE Member

My roomy got a little candle wax on the carpet. Does anyone know how i could remove it? I keep scraping it off and well it just is not working fast enough... :rolleyes:

2. JESuX

JESuX TRIBE Member

the only thing i can suggest is scraping as much of it off as you can... the only other way i know is to use an iron and a brown paper bag. the bag picks up all the greasy goo when you heat it with an iron... but you'll melt the carpet if you do that.

so, just smack your roommate a lot and reinforce stupidity and guilt.

:)

3. JESuX

JESuX TRIBE Member

oh yeah, use the edge of a knife to scrape it out of the carpet.

:)

4. jared k

jared k TRIBE Member

iron it through a thin cloth. should remove most of it.

5. peko

peko TRIBE Member

I was thinking of ice, but that's for gum....but you can try a credit card to scrape with, and cotton fabric to iron with.

good luck.

6. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

Burn the carpet.

7. basilisk

basilisk TRIBE Member

Iron + paper towel + knife worked for me... got it all out.

8. terrawrist III

terrawrist III TRIBE Member

like dropping your keys in molten lava...buy a new carpet

9. Poot

Poot TRIBE Member

Yup -- iron (warm enough to melt the wax only) + paper towel works. Don't touch the hot iron to the carpet, tho.

10. *Biggs*

*Biggs* TRIBE Member

Thank you guys :) im going to attempt the ironing idea! I read it on the net but i was a little hesitant about ironing my carpet

11. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

yeah, just dont use too high of heat with the iron, and a couple paper towels or a thin spare towel you dont mind having wax on works wonders.

12. Dialog

Dialog TRIBE Member

remember next time: the molten wax goes on the nipples, not the carpet...