• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Candle Wax on the carpet

*Biggs*

TRIBE Member
My roomy got a little candle wax on the carpet. Does anyone know how i could remove it? I keep scraping it off and well it just is not working fast enough... :rolleyes:

JESuX

TRIBE Member
the only thing i can suggest is scraping as much of it off as you can... the only other way i know is to use an iron and a brown paper bag. the bag picks up all the greasy goo when you heat it with an iron... but you'll melt the carpet if you do that.

so, just smack your roommate a lot and reinforce stupidity and guilt.

:)

peko

TRIBE Member
I was thinking of ice, but that's for gum....but you can try a credit card to scrape with, and cotton fabric to iron with.

good luck.

Poot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basilisk
Iron + paper towel + knife worked for me... got it all out.

Yup -- iron (warm enough to melt the wax only) + paper towel works. Don't touch the hot iron to the carpet, tho.

*Biggs*

TRIBE Member
Thank you guys :) im going to attempt the ironing idea! I read it on the net but i was a little hesitant about ironing my carpet

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
yeah, just dont use too high of heat with the iron, and a couple paper towels or a thin spare towel you dont mind having wax on works wonders.