• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

CANCON in Breakspoll Awards

Robb G

TRIBE Promoter
Loads of great releases from homegrown artists this year and there's no lack of dope DJ talent in these woods.

"Support our troops" and place your vote for the <2006 International Breakbeat awards> aka Breakspoll.

Breakspoll

El Diablo

My observations of Breakspoll is that it's nothing more then a popularity contest, and the guys that win have a huge international fan base to draw from. Canada's not quite there yet...

But, at least there will be some Cancon AT the awards party with both Simon Paul and Myagi representing!

Go Canada!

(how come there's no Technopoll?)

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by El Diablo
My observations of Breakspoll is that it's nothing more then a popularity contest, and the guys that win have a huge international fan base to draw from.
yeah, it's slightly rediculous.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
My observations of Breakspoll is that it's nothing more then a popularity contest, and the guys that win have a huge international fan base to draw from.

but doesn't that go without saying?

i mean you do vote over the internet! ;)

Soda-20Hz

TRIBE Member
VOTE TWENTYHZ!!!!

or that is.... may i suggest....

Best DJ: Vinyl Ritchie (Wicked Lester)
Best Single: Wicked Lester - In The Pocket (twentyHz Music)
Best remix: DJ Wood - Bun Dem (Karma rmx)
Breakthrough label: twentyHz Music
Breakthrough DJ: DJ Wood

:D

-s

kick

TRIBE Member
Well, it's like people's choice awards. People vote...he/she who gets the most votes wins because more people like thier stuff. The populare vote, so yes, it is a popluarity contest. It's better than a panel of judges who will more than likely be from the UK and more than likely slighty biased - unless it was an international panel of judges...hmmm. Like the Olympics! :D

What sucks is the fact that since voting is done online, nominees can just vote for themselves multiple times, or have their buddies do it...

!Myagi!

TRIBE Member
personally, i like begging for votes from people i dont know. it always looks good for your image :)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Red Star Rising

TRIBE Promoter
Whatta Lineup

Nice Work Myagi! Thats just about the Baddest Breaks Line up you could ask for... You better rep well for Canada with all those big boys there!

!Myagi!

TRIBE Member
yeah, its going to be a fun time for sure! ill probably record it so if you dont hear it then you can hear it after. :)

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by !Myagi!
yeah, its going to be a fun time for sure! ill probably record it so if you dont hear it then you can hear it after. :)
congratulations !
wow...what a line up.
meza SOOOO envious.

Simon_Paul

TRIBE Member
YEp...I can't wait for this either...I'm counting down the days! It'll be good to be there with Myagi too b/c he's cute.

Sp

!Myagi!

TRIBE Member
actually, its really cool - i just realized how properly funky this line up acutally! pity its not as varied as last year (NO glitchy stuff), but theres a lot more heavy hitting on this one.