• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Cancer @ age 28? WTF?!?!?!

Da grunj

TRIBE Member
A very good friend of mine has just started the first of 5 kemo (sp.) sessions. He has some type of aggressive cancer and has already had hgis nutz removed. ITS FUCKED! Why is it that the good people of the world (and not the skids such as myself) get the raw deals in life? Hes only 28, owns his own house, two cars, his own business, and works harder than anyone I have ever met. Its fucking lame man! :mad:

We all "praying" for the best dude. YOU got the raw deal, don't know why, but you did. Fight through it and good fucking luck.

GRj

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
I dunno about you, but if that were me, I wouldn't want my friend talking about it on a public forum reffering to it as "having my nutz removed".

DEEPHOUSEGRL

TRIBE Member
I'm sorry to hear this! Hang in there.

A good friend of mine, was diagnosed with Hodgekin's Disease at 28. His girlfriend found a lump in his throat. He also went through Kemo. It was hard to see him so thin, and gaunt. But, the good news is he is fine now, and he survived the cancer. Since then he's quit smoking and does charity work for the Cancer Research foundation.

Positive minds = better health

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Da grunj

TRIBE Member
Yeah I guess you could be right, but I did'nt say it to be a jack ass, I said it because its fucked up and very serious. I write whats on my mind @ that exact time.

GRj

migzzzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr_Furious
I dunno about you, but if that were me, I wouldn't want my friend talking about it on a public forum reffering to it as "having my nutz removed".

the person seems like they are extremely hurt by the situation and needs to express it. I'm sure that their intentions are not negative at all. :(

My prayers goes out to your friend :(

cheers,

MiGzzzz

defazman

TRIBE Member
My neighbour is going to start his second chemo treatment this weekend. He's 27-28, so it does happen.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Sometimes there are spiritual reasons and answers to help you understand why one gets Cancer.

I lost my Father and Grandpa to Cancer all in the same week. It's not an easy thing to go through.

I wish your friend all the stregth in the world to deal with this. 28 is way too young to have to deal with something so nasty as Cancer. All the best to him.:(

seeker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Da grunj
A very good friend of mine has just started the first of 5 kemo (sp.) sessions. He has some type of aggressive cancer and has already had hgis nutz removed. ITS FUCKED! Why is it that the good people of the world (and not the skids such as myself) get the raw deals in life? Hes only 28, owns his own house, two cars, his own business, and works harder than anyone I have ever met. Its fucking lame man! :mad:

We all "praying" for the best dude. YOU got the raw deal, don't know why, but you did. Fight through it and good fucking luck.

GRj

lost a friend last year to cancer who was only 26. it was a pretty awful experience. I feel for you and your friend. :(

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Da grunj
Yeah I guess you could be right, but I did'nt say it to be a jack ass, I said it because its fucked up and very serious. I write whats on my mind @ that exact time.

GRj

It is fucked up, and more common than some people think.

My father won his battle with prostate cancer last year.

They say that prostate cancer affects 1 in 4 men.

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
Good luck man

My Moms is a cancer survivor for over 10 years now. She's had like 5 surgeries, several rounds of Chemo, and is still goin strong

Its a friggin bitch

afterglow

TRIBE Member
I can happen young. I'm 21 and have just gone through a shit load of tests for cancer because they have found abnormal cells.

It'll be okay, just give him as much support as you can.

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Kids get cancer...my brother had a friend in high school who died of cancer. Unfortunately it's got nothing to do with age.

FoxyM

TRIBE Member
:( My aunt was diagnosed with cancer when she was 4 years old. This was in the 50s. After chemo and having her leg amputated, the cancer went into remission for the better portion of her life. About 10 years ago we got the call that the cancer had returned. She fought a good fight before she decided to stop treatment.

:( Good luck to your friend.

Taro

TRIBE Member
wow that is so young

seriously hope things work out for you friend and all those who have to deal with cancer

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
There is a strong connection between mind and body, so have your friend stay positive and enjoy life as much as he can.
Although even if we don't have cancer, we should do that anyways.

I lost two family members due to this ugly ilness and I am about to lose a friend in couple of months.

Sending positive vibes to your friend.

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
Disease has no care for your age. Your health can faulter at any point. There are percieved milestone ages but there are always cases that occur outside of that box.

Either way it is unfortunate but the bright side is that there are survivors all over the world and people who function through chronic pains every day. There is much more chance that your friend will lead a happy long life. I hope he gets all that he deserves.

It's so true that when you look around you see so many people who blatently have no regard for their life, body and health. Constantly abusing it day in and day out and yet they go on with no physical recourse. Then you have people like your friend who try hard in life and they get the bum end of the stick. It almost makes you feel like what is the point.

jeremy -best wishes and hopes to your friend- jive

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Your friend just has to know inside himself that he will beat cancer. I had it at 11 years old and knowing that and not doubting it for a second is what allowed me to beat that terrible disease.

Da grunj

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr_Furious
It is fucked up, and more common than some people think.

Thanx to tribe, I'm finding this out really quickly. As I just came back in from having a smoke........STOOOOOOOOOPID!

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rejenerate
Kids get cancer...my brother had a friend in high school who died of cancer. Unfortunately it's got nothing to do with age.
My girlfriend had cancer when she was 13, but she is fine now. So there is hope.

Cheers ... Ian :)

kline

TRIBE Member
i've had several malignanices removed in the course of my lifetime... the first being when i was 6yrs old. i still have to go for annual testing to make sure there aren't any new growths or developments but i've had the luck of having all the possible problems discovered early to avoid any sort of treatment other than removal.

there is hope for everyone bud, and never underestimate the healing power of a good laugh--

twist

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kline

there is hope for everyone bud, and never underestimate the healing power of a good laugh--
Holleee fuck yes. Mind over matter folks. I started meditating when I enrolled in ninjitsu and the difference is marked to say the least. I can think away small sickness now. it's so groovy it's like... wow.