• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Cancelling your service under Comcast.

JamesM

TRIBE Member

Apparently, in the states, their retention service cancellations means you get docket pay permanently if they cancel.

Last edited:

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Who loses pay ?
Seems FUBAR, if someone calls in to cancel, that customer service rep shouldn't be penalized.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
The rep, whose name is withheld, is certainly obnoxious. He’s also desperate. As The Awl’s John Herrman points out, "The customer service rep is trapped in an impossible position, in which any cancellation, even one he can't control, will reflect poorly on his performance."
In other words, the incentive structure is really about punishment. Reps start out the month with a full commission, but every canceled product deducts from that amount. Once reps fall below a certain threshold, they get no commission at all. That means a rep could get all the way to the second-to-last day of the pay period only to have a customer cancel four products. Suddenly the rep is below her goal, losing $800 to $1,000 off her paycheck.
Here’s why your Comcast rep is yelling at you

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
I'd ask if this is even legal, but in Murika, anything's possible these days.
Time to find a new job.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
I don't know dude, when I started my career at a call center doing T-Mobile (USA) data support. It was the opposite..

you had a strict sheet to go on. If someone had their 8th sidekick device exchance, they were fucking ripping you a new asshole, where you had to say "i'm sorry to hear that sir". The supervisors are coming after you becuase you called the reset button the button, instead of the proper "hole in the bottom of the machine"

While the others; co workers who didn't care hung up on clients, and recycled the call back to the folks who actually help. Those people got the praise for their superior call metrics..

It's really a fucked up piece of garbage, and it's apparent the states version of support hasn't changed in the past 15 years.

It's really amazing the stupidity that people depend their rent on.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
I don't know dude, when I started my career at a call center doing T-Mobile (USA) data support. It was the opposite..

you had a strict sheet to go on. If someone had their 8th sidekick device exchance, they were fucking ripping you a new asshole, where you had to say "i'm sorry to hear that sir". The supervisors are coming after you becuase you called the reset button the button, instead of the proper "hole in the bottom of the machine"

While the others; co workers who didn't care hung up on clients, and recycled the call back to the folks who actually help. Those people got the praise for their superior call metrics..

It's really a fucked up piece of garbage, and it's apparent the states version of support hasn't changed in the past 15 years.

It's really amazing the stupidity that people depend their rent on.
Did you work ClientLogic?

Jay