1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Canadian NDP party Sucks and or Rules

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Bernnie Federko, Feb 15, 2017.

1. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Singh's maybe hitting me where it counts on this issue.

Actually he's maybe the only leadership candidate of any party that interests me. Who else has the stones to broach the "all drugs" angle, which is what makes sense for society and what Portugal has been doing for years and enjoying benefits everyone else is eschewing in favour of toxic, expensive and corrosive drug wars.

So.

Count me interested!

2. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

...but ya, his hat means maybe we should worry about his religion instead of his bold, fresh take on policy right??

3. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Ive been more excited in the last few minutes by SIngh than I have been by Mulcair, in aggregate, ever since I first heard that name

4. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

Nathaniel Erskine-Smith in the liberal caucus has been on the record about it.

He's also my MP out here in the east end side of our fair city...

5. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Nice - you're right, probably a few people have been out in front on this.

I remember talking to Liberal MPs convinced we'd have full legalization by the mid-2000s, Bush, The War on Terror and Harper combined to delay that by like 15 years.

I bet you some have been on the "all drugs" front as far back as the 70s - we could probably look at Robert's Record before/during/after the Ledain commission and find some.

Still - nice to hear such things from a major party leadership candidate, in recent years.

If you'll let me modify my praise

Trudeau was right on about talking about the revenue accruing to "criminal gangs" when discussing pot lately - but it really opens up the issue doesn't it?

Why shouldn't we consider the immense power and revenue we grant to criminal actors who our system places as the only agents to satisfy an immense and eternal demand - for ALL drugs that we prohibit?

Seen this way, the act of prohibition is itself a kind of "Black Market License" - anyone can claim it and operate under it, some legal risks apply...

6. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Mexico's also been on track reducing penalties at lowest levels of the drug war - would be nice to join them and be 2/3 against America on this

7. Bernnie Federko

8. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Yeah everyone's read that article today at work.

Cool.

9. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

10. Bernnie Federko

11. Bernnie Federko

12. Bernnie Federko

13. Bernnie Federko

14. Bernnie Federko

15. Bernnie Federko

16. Bernnie Federko

17. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

18. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

He didn't even give a testimony on the Air Canada terrrosim crash.

He's all like i'm looking the other way.

19. Bernnie Federko

20. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

21. Bernnie Federko

22. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Yeah but watching this guy is sick.

Canada is largely Catholic and Protestant.

So watching this attempt at a rewrite [canada] isn't really something I subscribe to. He's not speaking to Canadians, just his base.

23. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Which is cool. Hey. But it's seriously suspicious.

24. Bernnie Federko

Are you able to get more racist

25. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

No. He’s a cool guy but this all over the news.

The new politics are bizarre.