• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Canadian Liberal Party

formerly

Trudeau is on autopilot at this point. Expect a lot of fear type ads from Butts and the Libs. Works wonders and puts the "blue fright" into the population.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Trudeau is a pussy for not showing up at the debate.
PUSSY !
...or not at all. My initial response would be to agree with your sentiment. That’s what I thought. ...but he just let Scheer debate “the other two” and - if well-studied - will have a leg-up in the next one. Trudeau is a pretty well-baked cookie. Lest we forget that he went from teacher, to MOP, to party leader and then PM, in a VERY short time.

Don’t ever count out the players as they play the game.

He’s letting the rest do their thing. Betcha that approach pays off!!!

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
With that last name...
Yes. With that last name. ...but that’s hardly the reason he won a majority after Harper.

The only one that can beat Pony-boy is himself. ...and that may happen. If it does? It would be a massive defeat.

Only a fuck-tard rube would vote for Scheer, at this point. He willingly states that he lives his life in a sky-fairy world, where women do what men say. Add the rest and you’ve got a pretty slumped loaf to deal with. This ain’t rocket science. It’s simple baking.

Last edited:

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Is that what you think? ...and is that “blackface”, or is it brown? Black and white photo, with ample costume clues, son. Be sure before you drop your bits and bobs, kiddo. ;)
My apologies for this comment. He DID wear black face, in a separate incident - in high school.

What a dick.

formerly

My apologies for this comment. He DID wear black face, in a separate incident - in high school.

What a dick.

"Justin Trudeau is scrambling to halt further damage to his re-election campaign after a string of racist images from his past put Canada’s image-conscious prime minister at the centre of yet another scandal."

So Trudeau wore blackface to costume etc parties while a teacher. He also said he didn't realize it was racist then, but does now. I think it's fair to think that someone can grow and change over the span of 20 years. I know he's apologized for two, but I don't know about the video... It would be helpful if he can do a blanket apology, although he might have slipped it in one during one of his other apology speeches.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
"Justin Trudeau is scrambling to halt further damage to his re-election campaign after a string of racist images from his past put Canada’s image-conscious prime minister at the centre of yet another scandal."

So Trudeau wore blackface to costume etc parties while a teacher. He also said he didn't realize it was racist then, but does now. I think it's fair to think that someone can grow and change over the span of 20 years. I know he's apologized for two, but I don't know about the video... It would be helpful if he can do a blanket apology, although he might have slipped it in one during one of his other apology speeches.
I don’t think he comes back from the hypocrisy of this. He’s got a month to do so. This will be an interesting election.

I’ll say it, yet again... Clowns to the left of me, jokers to to the right...

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I don’t think he comes back from the hypocrisy of this. He’s got a month to do so. This will be an interesting election.

I’ll say it, yet again... Clowns to the left of me, jokers to to the right...
I really think it the liberals have any chance of winning this election, JT must step down

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I don't think this will move the needle on who people will vote for. People have already made up their minds on who they are voting for. People who would change their vote will move to the NDP but that also means helping the Conservatives. What's worse, Trudeau in blackface 20 years ago or Sheer in power?

formerly

I don't think this will move the needle on who people will vote for. People have already made up their minds on who they are voting for. People who would change their vote will move to the NDP but that also means helping the Conservatives. What's worse, Trudeau in blackface 20 years ago or Sheer in power?
I agree and think you're on point ... Trudeau today is not the same JT as from before the age of the Internet. He's apologized many many times for historical misdeeds, but there's no reason to not believe him when says he's not currently racist.

Trudeau in blackface 20 years ago - sucks
Scheer in power - unlikely

Last edited:

formerly

neither do I but it's what should happen.

if you or I did this we wouldn't be working, we'd be fired.
I haven't read the Times magazine piece but it seems like someone dug up a high school yearbook... print only and before digital cameras and mobile phones.