• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Canadian Liberal Party

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Charlie J. Angus shared a post.
2 hrs ·
Justin Trudeau gave $12 million so Galen Weston's company can fix their fridges. Kashechewan received $0.

His company was found guilty in a bread fixing scheme and they fought the rise in the minimum wage. The people of Kashechewan have a signed agreement with the Trudeau government to finally move the community to safe ground. But the Prime Minister would rather be the head butler to the 1% than to live up to his promises to build a fairer Canada for all citizens

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Charlie Angus NDP - NPD
Yesterday at 9:39 AM ·

I want to share with you this short speech that I made to my Liberal colleagues on our calling as parliamentarians to represent truth and integrity. The setting was the Ethics Committee. Liberals were determined to shut down my attempt to bring Katie Telford and Ben Chin, two key government players in the SNC-Lavalin scandal, to testify.

I have respect for my Liberal colleagues on the Committee and laid out a clear set of arguments for why we have an obligation to get answers for Canadians.

I believe they're embarrassed by the actions of the government. Yet they sat stone-faced, making no effort to rebut either the testimony or my arguments. Just before the vote, I made this appeal about the need to work for a higher calling in politics.

They sat in silence then voted down my motion.

ETHI - Members - House of Commons of Canada
6 liberals, 2 conservatives, and 1 ndp member.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Heard that SNC was circumventing campaign donation rules by secretly reimbursing execs and other staff for contributions that were actually on behalf of the company

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Charlie Angus NDP - NPD
2 hrs ·

SO MUCH FOR THAT SMEAR....
Yesterday Parliament threw out a liberal allegation that I was misusing public resources - you may recall that last January, MP Terry Sheehan demanded an investigation into my "misuse" of public resources over my website. The irony is that I don't use any public resources to maintain this site.

Nonetheless, the allegation launched a five-month investigation into the work of my office. One of the allegations brought against me was "improper fundraising" for posting a press release asking people to help donate to the victims of the Fort Mac Fire. Really.

The Board of Internal Economy concluded that these baseless allegations represented a "politically motivated" attack intended to "damage" my reputation.

I knew we would be vindicated but it was stressful for my team who spent an enormous amount of time double and triple checking the fact that we follow the rules. These kinds of attacks cheapen politics but they are the reality.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Trudeau just got his fucking ass handed to him.
Prosecutors stay charges relating to Mark Norman.
Trudeau is going to lose this Election large, and the SNC and now this, will be a huge helping hand.