• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Canadian Conservative Party

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I’m not normally one for forced sterilization and culling. ...but if Andrew Scheer, his breed-factory bitch and multitude of crotch-droppings ALL disappeared from this planet - overnight - we’d all be better off and NOBODY would miss them.

Just saying.
I need to wait and see what my polling data people say before I tell you whether or not I support what you're saying.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Andrew Scheer is a spoon-fed, lily-dipping twat. He’s well overdue for a proper fucking beating. ...just like the rest of the lippy, rube-ass, sky-fairy invoking cunts that use fairytales as a means of furthering their brood and bullocks.

One look into that little pussy’s eyes and you KNOW he’s ready for the smack-down that his father didn’t deliver on time.

Of course, Daddy was too focused on the tight, tiny asses of his alter boys.

Fuck these clowns. Fuck EVERY last one of them. May the sun rise on a brighter day, when maggots crawl out their ignorant, self-serving, slime-ball eye sockets. ;)

Last edited:

praktik

TRIBE Member
Thing is, if the dairy industry wielded as much influence as this vice article alleges, an "obscene" amount of power, not sure we'd be arranging to have foreigners take their market share in trade deals in recent years, though I take the point they at least had enough influence to win some kinds of government support in exchange.

Vice also seemed keen to corporatize the characterization of the industry, which is still made up of thousands of Canadian families and farms

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Thing is, if the dairy industry wielded as much influence as this vice article alleges, an "obscene" amount of power, not sure we'd be arranging to have foreigners take their market share in trade deals in recent years, though I take the point they at least had enough influence to win some kinds of government support in exchange.

Vice also seemed keen to corporatize the characterization of the industry, which is still made up of thousands of Canadian families and farms
Fuck that. I personally know a lobbyist for the dairy farmers, who's also a friend. They are thug life monopolistic and have had their run controlling the majority of the other dairy farmers for too long.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Fuck that. I personally know a lobbyist for the dairy farmers, who's also a friend. They are thug life monopolistic and have had their run controlling the majority of the other dairy farmers for too long.
Just saying, if their power was truly "obscene" we wouldn't have been able to cave to US demands at their expense

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ya i guess I'm just reacting to the emotional language used by vice - to have an argument over the word "obscene" is kind of showing you what the lack of precision in the original article can lead to. My assumption is that an "obscene" amount of power would be one that would have got a bit more results for the dairy lobby than we have seen in recent years, where they appear to be among the first economic sectors that become concessions to other countries muscling in on our market. Ultimately representing a fair number of canadian families and significant business interests - a strong Dairy Lobby is probably something this industry needs as NOT having a strong lobby would have lead to even worse outcomes for Canadian dairy in the recent rounds of trade negotiations where politicians can make life or death decisions for the Canadian dairy industry.

So having *a lobby* for dairy is probably something we should agree on - how strong a lobby should they have and at what point does it become "obscene"? Clearly the threshold for this is maybe a bit different for me vs the vice author - i guess it just seemed to me a truly "obscenely" powerful lobby would have more to show for it - like Oil and Gas do....

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Ultimately representing a fair number of canadian families and significant business interests - a strong Dairy Lobby is probably something this industry needs as NOT having a strong lobby would have lead to even worse outcomes for Canadian dairy in the recent rounds of trade negotiations where politicians can make life or death decisions for the Canadian dairy industry.
It's definitely not unwise to have someone out there rooting for you, whether its a union or business association, and getting to the ears of government and not just you going to your local MPP.

praktik

TRIBE Member
It's definitely not unwise to have someone out there rooting for you, whether its a union or business association, and getting to the ears of government and not just you going to your local MPP.
Ya i mean, i totally get teacher's unions and ANY government employee really being unionized - say what? Politicians can get elected on the back of promises to gut your job - or shit just happens in legislation as shit moves through the floor with amendments and whatnot - your job is on the line all the time and it can be taken away from some combination of media/political narrative and capricious bullshit in politics - well fuck ya, you need some kind of industry/union representation to be some kind of layer of protection/influence!

And yknow i get where vice is coming from - our kleptocracy i mean umm democracy is too beholden to special interests - but you know underneath the Grand Narrative of politics for sale and lobbyists writing bills - there's also the fact people gotta eat (any industry or union represents thousands of canadian families and associated tax revenue/consumer spend base) and SOME level of this activity is ok in a healthy democracy.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Ya i mean, i totally get teacher's unions and ANY government employee really being unionized - say what? Politicians can get elected on the back of promises to gut your job - or shit just happens in legislation as shit moves through the floor with amendments and whatnot - your job is on the line all the time and it can be taken away from some combination of media/political narrative and capricious bullshit in politics - well fuck ya, you need some kind of industry/union representation to be some kind of layer of protection/influence!

And yknow i get where vice is coming from - our kleptocracy i mean umm democracy is too beholden to special interests - but you know underneath the Grand Narrative of politics for sale and lobbyists writing bills - there's also the fact people gotta eat (any industry or union represents thousands of canadian families and associated tax revenue/consumer spend base) and SOME level of this activity is ok in a healthy democracy.
Wouldn't you want that, if you could have it?

kyfe

TRIBE Member

I kind of agree with Sheer <shudder>
a co-worker witnessed two junkies having sex this week next to the PTH building by Ryerson
I had a crazy guy walk up to me and a female co-worker, cock his fist and take a swing at me, a leaned back he missed and stumbled.

that's JUST this week. this happens every week. I have threatened some of them with introducing them to a window if they don't keep walking. I used to carry Protein bars and water and hand them out on my way to work but I cannot afford to do this any more because there are sooo many and the potential for violence.

I think we should dry them out, let them get dope sick and then work on harm reduction while they're sobering up. Give them Psych treatment because it was probably some kind of trauma that got them into it in the first place.

you know what giving them clean needles has done? littered the entire area around SIS with debris and used needles,

I'm not suggesting getting rid of SIS, rather, I'm suggesting focing them back to being sober and then assisting them (this will never happen)

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I kind of agree with Sheer <shudder>
a co-worker witnessed two junkies having sex this week next to the PTH building by Ryerson
I had a crazy guy walk up to me and a female co-worker, cock his fist and take a swing at me, a leaned back he missed and stumbled.

that's JUST this week. this happens every week. I have threatened some of them with introducing them to a window if they don't keep walking. I used to carry Protein bars and water and hand them out on my way to work but I cannot afford to do this any more because there are sooo many and the potential for violence.

I think we should dry them out, let them get dope sick and then work on harm reduction while they're sobering up. Give them Psych treatment because it was probably some kind of trauma that got them into it in the first place.

you know what giving them clean needles has done? littered the entire area around SIS with debris and used needles,

I'm not suggesting getting rid of SIS, rather, I'm suggesting focing them back to being sober and then assisting them (this will never happen)
To each their own. I would rather the SIS approach be bolstered with those things you suggest, rather than replaced.