1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Canadian Conservative Party

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Bernnie Federko, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

A thread for Wickedken and BBJ, plus anyone else, to pay homage for all the tire fires the Conservatives have started.

2. Bernnie Federko

Have at it, boys. Let's see whether you can really shelve your bias and take the Big Blue Machine to task.

3. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Conservative party hates personal freedom it's why Harper didn't want anyone smoking pot

4. Bernnie Federko

5. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Also they pulled their crime policy straight from 1983

6. Bernnie Federko

7. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

They're so boring I can't even remember the names of the current leaders!

8. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

I love the new PC/Patrick Brown Commercial

PC's: "Hey it's me Patrick Brown"
    Me: Who?
    PC's: Patrick! you know the leader of the party in Ontario
    Me: Who?
    PC's: Good grief

9. Bernnie Federko

[​IMG]

Remember Hudak?

And how about the great Ernie Eves?

[​IMG]

10. Bernnie Federko

For the record I would totally amend the thread title to The Canadian Con' Party Sucks and or Rules Thread if given a chance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

12. Bernnie Federko

13. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

wow that's quite a sweater.

14. Bernnie Federko

15. Bernnie Federko

16. Bernnie Federko

17. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

yep they suck. mostly because they're boring.

18. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

Rebel Media's Freedom Rally Was Bonkers

[​IMG]

Rebel Media‘s “Freedom Rally” at Canada Christian College in Toronto on February 15 was as chilling as you can imagine.

Some of the hundreds in attendance did not hold back their support for the conservative speakers. Even more troubling, at least one even gave what appeared to be an enthusiastic Nazi salute.

The speaker list included Conservative leadership candidates Kellie Leitch, Chris Alexander, Pierre Lemieux, and Brad Trost, along with the Rebel’s Ezra Levant and Faith Goldy.

Check out our video coverage:
    d

19. Blysspluss

Blysspluss TRIBE Member

[​IMG] Didn't suck. If more of em could be like Clark...we'd all win a lil more.

20. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Decent dude for sure. Missing link between old and new conservative tradition in Canada.

Many don't know it because he's seen as a "red tory", but his embrace of free market ideology actually made him seem a bit rebellious and not in line with the conservative tradition in Canada known as "toryism".

Maybe we should think of him more as a "market tory", vs being a "red' one.

Anyway - he's a fine man. I think of him as one of the "exceptions to the rule" that made me realize blanket cynicism of all politicians was foolish.

21. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

They're pansies playing it safe trying to say the right things but not actually commit to anything. Weasels

22. Bernnie Federko

Tony Clement, everybody!

23. Mondieu

Mondieu TRIBE Member

Ahhh yeah. The $100,000.00 gazebo-raising pinnacle of fiscal responsibility.

24. Bernnie Federko

Remember when the Government said they were gonna save 70 million a year on a new payroll processing system?

The mess that is Phoenix is a story of misguided political objectives, bungled management of a major technology project and a complete failure by anyone in charge to take responsibility for mistakes. The fiasco raises troubling questions about the government’s ability to perform one of its most basic functions – paying its bills and taking care of employees. The Phoenix system is just one of the major information-technology projects, totalling billions of dollars, now under way in the government.”

25. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

To be fair to Clement it's not the job of the opposition to formulate policy. there's no need to do anything but point out what they believe the sitting government is NOT DOING.