• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Canadian Citizenship Test

Balzz

TRIBE Member
So, after 15 years of living in Canada, I applied for citizenship. I have to sit for the test at the end of the month. Has anyone here taken the test before? Is it difficult? :)

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
I took the test, but that was 11 years ago. I remember the questions to be quite simple - who was the first Prime Minister, name all the provinces and territories of Canada, etc. Very Gr 10 history and geography.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Libradragon
I took the test, but that was 11 years ago. I remember the questions to be quite simple - who was the first Prime Minister, name all the provinces and territories of Canada, etc. Very Gr 10 history and geography.
I was not a good Gr 10 student. D'oh! :eek:

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

MARCin

TRIBE Member
Did it last summer. It's actually kinda hard if u won't read that little book they gave you. Just know yer provinces, when they joined, esp. Nun... the new one, whatever it's name. Know the exact date for that one. And know how the election system works, and what are the rights of a citizen deal. Preety much the most important part of the test. All in all, you should ace it if u put some efford in it, and don't take it too lightly.

marc

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
hey, sweet, perfect score on the practice test. (i chose to do 10 questions)

though i am a poli-sci student so i guess i should have one :p

good luck!

~allie~

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stargurl*
Congrats!

After 31 years in Canada, my mother is planning on applying for citizenship this year.
I'm really surprised how fast the whole process was. I only applied in July when I found out I'm considered a terrorist threat by the USA and need to be subjected to a security background check every time I enter the US. I didn't think it would be a big deal at first, but it feels kinda good now. :D

UR

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MARCin
Did it last summer. It's actually kinda hard if u won't read that little book they gave you. Just know yer provinces, when they joined, esp. Nun... the new one, whatever it's name. Know the exact date for that one. And know how the election system works, and what are the rights of a citizen deal. Preety much the most important part of the test. All in all, you should ace it if u put some efford in it, and don't take it too lightly.

marc
Nunavut
April 1, 1999

UR

TRIBE Member
How much does it cost to become a Canadian citizen when all is said and done - I heard $150?
UR

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Took the test 3 years ago... it's really easy. Very limited Geography, pilitical and common sense knowledge.

Congrats.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders