• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
We, I, personally do not require a document to tell me that I have rights or freedoms. That is antecedent to the point.

However, in these dark ages, our government nonetheless will provide you with a free document covering your rights and freedoms as a Canadian.

Human Rights Program Publication Order Form - Cultural Diversity and Rights - Canadian Identity

The document is the same for everyone, of course, but I draw your attention to section 15 which explicitly states that religious opinions are accepted while matter of sexual orientation are not.

Human Rights Program Publication Order Form - Cultural Diversity and Rights - Canadian Identity

Order what you will! Perhaps let your representative know that when the Charter says:

"Every individual is equal before and under the law..." that it should explicity include more than "religion" or "sex".

-jM
A&D

Stop Bill C-10