• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

canada revenue can suck my....

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
tax cheque...

they fucking deposited it into my mom's account for some strange reason...
wtf is up with that?

and it wasn't the right amount... oh AND, i'm expecting more from 2004 and GST cheques that i NEVER recieved... when do you suppose i'll get those, NEVER???

fucking taxes....
i'm not paying them anymore..

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Umm because you probably lived with your mom last year or you haven't contacted Canada Revenue to change your address when you moved out?

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
Umm because you probably lived with your mom last year or you haven't contacted Canada Revenue to change your address when you moved out?
Yeah cause that would explain a direct deposit into someone elses account.

Good thinking.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Yeah, they deposited the wrong amount into everyone's account but mine!

You all owe me $1200.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
dude, I am just thinking of my situation... when I moved out, I completely forgot to call them and change my address and the way I had it setup before was that all the taxes would be deposited into one bank account (which was my mom's at the time)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
yeah but when my taxes were done this year it was under my own address not hers.. that's why it doesn't make any fucking sense

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
and i haven't lived with my mom for almost a year and half...

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
did you ever call Revenue Canada to change your address with them?
I do my taxes online and eventhough I may put a different address there, for change of address or bank account, I have to call them directly.

dyad

TRIBE Member
write and call and ask about it. (I would wait a few weeks because they are busy and depending on when you filed it because it will be hard to get through) If you need the refund call now of course.

the mom's account is a really big error. The address was probably an input mistake and they didnt make the change (it is serious but at least its less perplexing)

stanimal

TRIBE Member
did you set up your gst "cheques" to be direct-deposited? maybe those were put into your mom's account too.

Boo

TRIBE Member
Hamza said:
revenue canada.
Canada Revenue Agency

they like to change their name every couple of years - gives the civil servants something to do

Canada Revenue to
Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA) to
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)

And you have to phone CRA specifially to change your direct deposit info or address, can't do it online.

And you must have got taxes put into her account at some point - maybe when she was claiming you as a dependent - they didn't pull her account number out of a hat

And whats the big deal about your mom doing an email transfer to you for $1000 and another one for $200 later. Takes 30 seconds - about the time it took to write this thread.

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
Boo said:
means YOU did your taxes wrong and were re-assessed, wait for the letter in the mail
and it wasn't the wrong amount completely, it was separated from the rest of what i was i supposed to recieve... i was supposed to get 1700 total, i got 600 today, getting another 700 or so and like 300 in GST i think...

Skipper

TRIBE Member
lol - of course. it's THEM that got the amount wrong. because they don't know AAAANYTHING about doing taxes.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Wow, so they actually went to the trouble of looking up your mother's bank account number, then depositing into it? :eek:

jebac

TRIBE Member
i find it funny how the government or banks or even convenience stores always manage to fuck up, but in their favor... oh you gave me back 5 but u were supposed to give me 7.50! or the same with my rogers bill or bell or the bank....

fucking theives

-jebac

Boo

TRIBE Member
jebac said:
i find it funny how the government or banks or even convenience stores always manage to fuck up, but in their favor... oh you gave me back 5 but u were supposed to give me 7.50! or the same with my rogers bill or bell or the bank....

fucking theives

-jebac
not true, I got this card last week

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
whatever.. just call them and get them to fix it.

they screwed up.. it happened.... there are people working over there.. and people make mistakes. not the end of the world.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
sounds like someone should call the CRA and talk to them about their problem, not just moan like a fucking loser to an internet audience. but that's just me.