• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Canada Goose / Douche now American Goose / Douche

videotronic

TRIBE Member
that video is genius BTW.

canada goose jacket/lululemon pants/ugg boots STILL the 110% uniform of yonge and eglinton. it was bad enough in 08 when it started, just tragic now.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Without a doubt I have to be the first person who can post this for 2013!?!?

Spotted: September 5, 2013, 3:15pm. Chinese guys gets out of his BMW X5 to pump gas at esso at finch and dufferin in a CANADA GOOSE DOWN JACKET....yes this just happened today while its 20 degrees outside.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Without a doubt I have to be the first person who can post this for 2013!?!?

Spotted: September 5, 2013, 3:15pm. Chinese guys gets out of his BMW X5 to pump gas at esso at finch and dufferin in a CANADA GOOSE DOWN JACKET....yes this just happened today while its 20 degrees outside.
Damn you beat me to it, saw a loser walking the other day with a vest, although I don't know if you saw yours first.

A vest.

And shorts.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Damn you beat me to it, saw a loser walking the other day with a vest, although I don't know if you saw yours first.

A vest.

And shorts.

This is great!!! If yours was the other day, you have me beat.

Keep em comin!

Maui

TRIBE Member
^^^^^^^
are you kidding me? Its only September!!!! My god!
C'mon, this summer was whack. Coldest I've ever experienced here.
I had to put on long underwear one night about a month ago. T shirt/long sleeve/hoodie ----> still too cold.

peko

TRIBE Member
Today, I saw a white woman (Caucasian) today with a long dark grey CG parka on. It looked like she was modeling a new purchase to her friend because she was showing how to do the hood up (as they were standing in front of an apartment building). It was like Melrose Place, CG edition.

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
There's a clothing company that makes parkas similar to canada goose just up the street from me... Best part? "Moose Knuckle" is the brand.

I shite you not....

videotronic

TRIBE Member
Today, I saw a white woman (Caucasian) today with a long dark grey CG parka on. It looked like she was modeling a new purchase to her friend because she was showing how to do the hood up (as they were standing in front of an apartment building). It was like Melrose Place, CG edition.

Yonge/ eg is Canada goose ground zero. Canada goose, Lululemons, ugg boots. BRUTAL

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Canada Goose now American Goose

Canada Goose bought by U.S.-based Bain Capital

CBC News

New York private equity firm Bain Capital has bought a majority stake in Canadian winter gear manufacturer Canada Goose for an undisclosed sum.

The two companies announced the deal in a news release Tuesday.

Founded in Toronto in 1957, Canada Goose makes winter apparel for use in extreme low temperatures. Its goods are sold in more than 50 countries and are a frequent target for counterfeiters. The company has grown to employ more than 1,000 people in manufacturing facilities in various parts of Canada.

Bain, a private equity firm with offices across the U.S., has previously invested in a number of Canadian companies in their early stages, including Shoppers Drug Mart, Bombardier Recreational Products, and BTI Systems.

Former U.S. presidential nominee Mitt Romney was a co-founder of Bain Capital and spent the majority of his career there before entering politics.

The two companies say Bain's involvement will help spur the jacket-maker's international expansion plans.

"Bain Capital has a long and impressive track record of successfully investing in beloved Canadian companies, and we are thrilled to bring them on board. They're the right partner with the right resources and people to help us reach our potential," said Canada Goose president and CEO Dani Reiss, who will remain with the company after the deal closes.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
better go out and get your parka now because in 5 years 'they won't make em like they used to.'

These are quite popular in Sweden btw.