1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Canada Goose / Douche now American Goose / Douche

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by romstah, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Tahoe

Tahoe TRIBE Member

$120? Was yours on sale because I'm pretty sure they go for $220 or so. I got my buddy who manages a store to get me one and it ran me $183 after the discount.
    This jacket is so warm that I've only needed it a handful of times this winter.

2. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

are you talking about this one?

[​IMG]

if so its an internet urban myth. its a picture of some russian mink farm from like 2002. not a shred of truth to it.

here is the guy's site

Sergey Maximishin Photography

3. SJN

SJN TRIBE Member

You mean the fact that thousands of people were posting this to their FB profile and railing on Canada Goose a few weeks ago doesn't make it true?

4. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

They were on sale this week for $500.

5. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Coyote fur comes from coyotes?

6. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

you mean you can't tell that's russia?

and jeffsus is right, no CG in kitchener, not one. although whenever i'm in TO there are always a ton of people standing around in a circle in them...

7. deveator

deveator TRIBE Member

There's a great video on YouTube that shows a raccoon being skinned alive at a fur farm in China. It's pretty graphic. Watch that video and it will pretty much turn you off fur.

8. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

when did i say i was turned onto fur? lol

i can't stand canada goose jackets, but i also can't stand inaccurate, Facebook-incited hysteria.

now excuse me while i go brush up on martin luther king quotes lol

9. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

depends on the person. I toured a meat processing plant and saw the kill+bleed out but I went and had a steak lunch about 30 mins later. Didn't faze me in the least.

Meat is murder - tasty, lovely murder. Fur is murder too - comfy warm snuggly murder.

10. kmsmith

kmsmith TRIBE Member

I have seen that vid. Gross...I am assuming there must be a reason they do this, though? Like, does it make for better fur?

11. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

would it not be more efficient to kill the racoons first before skinning them? i mean..arent they wriggling around and shit?

maybe the chinese racoon farm owners are just trying to prevent their workers from "scavenging" racoons?

my guess is it would be a lot harder to walk out of your job at the racoon skinning facility with a live racoon down your pants as opposed to a dead one!

12. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

or wait...is a certain level of "scavenging" expected by the owners of a racoon farm in china?

13. workdowntown

workdowntown TRIBE Member

Racoon dogs actually, closer to a fox than a racoon as we know it.

Doesn't put me off fur but it does put me off country bumpkins worldwide who skin animals that are still alive. Cruel and unnecessary, at least slit the poor buggers' throats FFS.

There are such things as ethically-sourced furs that I have no problem with at all, how is it any different than using the leather really? Question not aimed at you, just a general question to the anti-fur kneejerk.

14. workdowntown

Also I can't imagine that this skinning alive is the routine method that the PETA people are pushing it to be. Have to wonder at how much of this vid is 'here's $100, go skin a few of these alive for the video'.

It's certainly not beyond the realm of possibility given PETA's track record on 'truth'.

15. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Sometimes I want to skin some Tribers alive.

16. workdowntown

LOL.

Quick question for you over in the fashion thread Sunny.

17. deveator

deveator TRIBE Member

Sorry that wasn't directed at you. I was just using 'you' in general.

18. The Truth

The Truth TRIBE Member

this is great!
    [YOUTUBE]2_tBxsXVlhs[/YOUTUBE]

19. Fillmore

Fillmore TRIBE Member

Great video!!

I had to pass this on to my sister in law who owns 3 of these jackets and all their other accessories. Thankfully she gets her free as an employee of the Timmins airport.

20. mudbunny

mudbunny TRIBE Member

If your sister works in Timmins she actually needs a warm coat!

21. Fillmore

Fillmore TRIBE Member

I agree. I think out of the 500 people I know who own one, she actually deserves it. Nothing like standing on the runway bringing a plane in when the wind is -50 blowing across the runway on a daily basis. Even though she justifiably needs one, I still ride her ass about it. ;)

22. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

the video brings up a good point - all these CG coats must be a real bitch for coat check girls in the GTA clubs. Add to this, on a given night, you might have a quarter million dollars worth of jackets in your check.

23. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

you'd have better luck finding a unicorn in downtown toronto than you would finding a club owner who gives even half of a flying fuck about the contents of his coat check.

24. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

can you post the link? i can't play it from tribe.

25. Fillmore

Fillmore TRIBE Member