• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Canada Brew is selling out....

Beats-Mistress

TRIBE Member
R4V4G3D_SKU11S said:
Beats-Grandma? If that is her then we are through the looking glass here, people.
OK you sound really sad for a triber. Hahaha...you must be really insecure...why else would you have an age hang up. Now stop posting like a 12 yr old pube and grew up. Sheesh...only a woosy could feel so threatened by my 30 years.

as for my so called "odd statement", it wasn't odd at all. It's what's being stated in the news. But then knowing how you guys like to trash and gang up on ppl or those that are not in your clique group, I shouldn't be surprised by "deep's" comment. It's as if some of you guys are incapable of thinking for yourselves...so you all collectively decide to act lame.
Here's a suggestion: Why don't you guys actually get a personality and act like guys. Normal ones that is. You might find that you'll get more girl friends that way :p

deep

TRIBE Member
Beats-Mistress said:
OK you sound really sad for a triber. Hahaha...you must be really insecure...why else would you have an age hang up. Now stop posting like a 12 yr old pube and grew up. Sheesh...only a woosy could feel so threatened by my 30 years.

as for my so called "odd statement", it wasn't odd at all. It's what's being stated in the news. But then knowing how you guys like to trash and gang up on ppl or those that are not in your clique group, I shouldn't be surprised by "deep's" comment. It's as if some of you guys are incapable of thinking for yourselves...so you all collectively decide to act lame.
Here's a suggestion: Why don't you guys actually get a personality and act like guys. Normal ones that is. You might find that you'll get more girl friends that way :p
I think I've given you the wrong impression. I rather like how anytime anyone criticizes what you say, there's always a multi-paragraph, multi-post explanation of that criticism through people's psychological failings rather than just entertaining the possibility that you might be wrong. Occam's Razor and fundamental attribution errors for the win!

deep

TRIBE Member
I find her analysis to be thoroughly rooted in an extensive understanding of what's being criticized [/guy that Homer works with at the car company]

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
on thing i like about sleeman is the durability of their bottles. Those bad boys can put a lot of bumps on someone's face before they break. Very durable indeed!

littlejon

TRIBE Member
Beats-Mistress said:
OK you sound really sad for a triber. Hahaha...you must be really insecure... now stop posting like a 12 yr old pube and grew up. Sheesh...only a woosy could feel so threatened by my 30 years.

But then knowing how you guys like to trash and gang up on ppl or those that are not in your clique group, it's as if some of you guys are incapable of thinking for yourselves...so you all collectively decide to act lame.

people hate you because you say spectacularily stupid things and then get self righteous and whine-y when people call you on it.

personally, i applaud your consistancy.

vinder

TRIBE Member
Beats-Mistress said:
everything about this is fantastic

or it's possible the people in this thread know more about the brewing industry than you do, and don't need to rely on the news to spoonfeed them information. it's possible they might have some element of critical thinking other than a knee-jerk "the sky is falling" reaction.

you'd think someone as old as you would have developed these skills, and be able to have enough income to purchase a dictionary so that you can spell "woosy" correctly.

defazman

TRIBE Member
As a counter point, my favourite brewery in the world, which happens to be Canadian, has been closed for the last five weeks for financial restructering. Sure they'll probably resume operations eventually, but a little foreign investment would ensure I could keep getting my beer of choice, but instead I spent yesteday driving around to all the local Brewers Retails to buy up all the remaining inventory.

Last edited:

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
At least Colt 45 and Old English remain independent. Though I would like the Japanese take on the 40. Being cleaner and more efficient, I can't see them pouring it out onto the sidewalk for the homies though.

Boo

TRIBE Member
vinder said:
it's possible they might have some element of critical thinking other than a knee-jerk "the sky is falling" reaction.
Exactly, its not like the brewery was bought by the conservatives or something.

I'm still trying to understand the logic behind having brewers retail now. Maintaining a monopoly on the sale and distribution newtork of beer in the province, that is a privately owned enterprise now entirely in foreign hands.

Its just hard to justify why John Q. Grocer can't sell beer in his shop, or Canadian owned grocery store can't have a beer aisle because a company owned by American, Japanese, and Belgian corporations have sole rights to the retail beer market.

Boo

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
I propose that we take a census to discern people's opinions on this.
That shits just done by an arm of the American Military, no way I'm giving my opinion!

smack

TRIBE Member
Who cares who owns the Brewery. If its good beer then its good beer. Think of this as a compliment to Sleemans. Sapporo is still going to make all of the Sleemans beers

kyfe

TRIBE Member
has anyone tried MCClays? it's like Keiths but a buck a beer

as for beers Blanche de Chambly is a nice summer beer and from Quebec, which is like another country